Some purchase help please

T

T Vernon

I bought a white's mxt and I get $150.00 in accessories. Here is the deal... the guy at the shop said the pin pointer would be a waste of time. I bought the mxt for the 3 modes but will do mostly coins/relics. What should I spend money on? Coil? cover? bag? etc... The pinpointer is the Bullseye 120mm Is it ok? Just some oppinions would help me out. What has helped you?
Thank you in advance,
Travis

Upvote 0

RC KID

Apr 15, 2006
Michigan
Well Headphones are a Good Bet. Good Digging Trowel. Try to find a Plastic Scoop with holes in it. From local store you can get a pair of Gloves & Get a Frisbee to place your plug on.

backitup83

Jan 24, 2006
Chesapeake Virginia
Detector(s) used
(XLT-x 2 ) )(BH Sharp Shooter 2) (Coinmaster 4000/D series2)(Coinmaster 2/DB series 2)(Discovery 2)(Discovery 1000)
I got the same deal with the XLT I bought. The pin pointer is worth it. It will save time and help you find your coin or what ever it is. It has helped me make my holes smaller also. I used my 150 dollars for, a small coil,a trowel,ring book, and I used my own money for the pinpointer from Hobby Town. The pin pointer will really help when you are coin hunting. The small coil is for when coins and or trash are close togeather. When the coin in on the side of the wall of the hole, it will keep you from digging deeper when it is right there.
Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
the pinpointer is definitely worth it! i would really miss mine if it broke.

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a MXT and wouldnt know what to do without my pinpointer, they are great and help immensely. Best of luck to you with your hunts.

HH Twister

bc

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2006
Same thing here, bought an MXT. Waited a bit to see what I needed. BUT, the stuff I needed/wanted right away I wasn't willing to wait weeks for. The sad little grandkid faces as older folks hogged the machine led me to choose the Prizm II so they could join in the fun. I'm guessing same would apply to kids, wives, little brothers/sisters, girlfriends, etc. Plus, think of all that free digging help you'll get!!!!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAKE SURE YOU USE ALL THE 150.00 AT ONE TIME CAUSE IF YOU BUY SOMETHING OF SMALL VALUE YOU
CAN'T USE IT ANY OTHER TIME. BOB

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
In my opinion a 2nd smaller coil is your best bet. If your soil is "average" think about the Eclipse 5.3 concentric coil. Actually closer to a 6" coil. If your soil is more mineralized look at either the 6x10 or 4x6 DD widescan coils. The 6x10 lists for more than $150.00 but is a really nice 2nd coil.
And I don't think my Bullseye II is a waste of time. I use it fairly regularly. Good luck and have fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread