Need help from my Genius friends here on a M6 question (coil question)

lennon631

May 3, 2010
Long Island NY
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
I am tossing an idea around for a different coil for my M6. My goal is to search out the gold that I MUST be missing. There is an array of choices on the Kelly site, and I like what they had to say about the 5" coil for about $120. HOWEVER, I would much value all YOUR opinions more so....Thanks in advance, Paul :help:

Upvote 0

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you would be better off digging everything, if you really want to buy one go ahead, it'll work great in trashy areas, however since most gold rings up as foil or junk, I don;t think you're going to gain much.
I went to a hunt in florida and made a commitment to myself to dig every repeatable signal, here is what I found
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,216170.html

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would only go for a smaller coil just to coin hunt in very trashy iron infested areas. If your using the stock 950 on your M6 and you have to have another coil the only one I would suggest would be the 6x10 DD coil from whites as it was the best overall coil for the style of hunting I preferred. It was very good at seperation of targets in trashy areas and it pinpointed directly under here the rod attached to the coil everytime. I had one on my MXT and I tell you it was the best set up as far as a detctor goes that I have ever owned. I had to sell it a while back but am getting another one next week. Another thing you should do is what Sniffer has already suggested and that would be to dig everything that goes off between the foil range all the way up to screwcap range if your looking for more gold. That is just my 2 cents worth, Tim

reporter1

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2010
Central California
Detector(s) used
M6
Get a 6"x10" Eclipse coil, strap it on, and go for it. I haven't taken mine off since I exchanged it for the stock coil on my M-6 last year. It's got great separation, even in fairly trashy areas, and you don't lose all that much depth.

The M-6 with the 6"x10" can't be beat for a turn-it-on-and-go set-up. I wound up with over 11,000 coins during 2009, along with 24 silver rings and other .925 jewelry, and 18 silver coins--and that was hunting parks and schools that get pounded regularly in my area.

I got an Explorer II about a month ago and I'm learning it slowly, but for uncomplicated coin harvesting, I pull out the M-6.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread