Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Nice :icon_thumleft: I have in-laws in France, and plan to go someday to tour the back-country, with my brother-in-law as my guide and interpretter. You just notched up my resolve :wink:

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have detected in France a few times, and just mentioned it on my website under "Latest News".....

Do find someone there who can help you find places, and always stay on the side of the law Lots of great things waiting to be found in France, as well as lots of archaeologists. Also
be careful of ordnance.

DS
www.StoutStandards.com

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Dick Stout, no doubt you are alluding to a list of European country's laws that get floated on the net from time to time, right? It makes nearly every European country except Britain, sound downright discouraging, right? But I think if you read those carefully, they pertain only to federal lands within those countries (which would be no different that USA fed. level laws, which only pertain to federal parks here, not state, city, county, and private). In any case, ironically, some of the more dire sounding European countries on that link to the laws there, have no shortage of hobbyists. If you were to ask them "how do you do it, in-lieu of this link to your particular country?", they would tell you that this only applies to federal sites, or open archie sites or shipwreck salvor type stuff. Or that they can hunt farmers fields with permission no problems. Or ......... quite frankly ...... they're so far back in the woods, no one's there to care, etc....

For some reason anyhow, there's no shortage of hobbyists there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions