DSCF0239.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 476
Upvote 0
OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Nice bumper in AU to XF....will have to have it graded to know for sure.

Attachments

• DSCF0241.JPG
    DSCF0241.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 458
OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Don't ever make a deal to return the yard in the same condition as before you dig...this one cost me $169, plus a bottle of extra strength aspirin.

Don't believe your target ID when it reads "Silver Dollar at 8 inches". Believe your aching body when it cries stop.

Why is it that no matter how junkie the target is, it must come out of the dirt?

CAPTAINKIDD

Greenie
May 6, 2006
Ouch! That was brilliant I'm having second thoughts about that pricey new detector I think I want with the visual discrimination display Thank you so much for that post My hands down favorite so far! -Captain Kidd

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch.
I have found the $1 readout on my machine to be the most unreliable also, so much so that I am in the habit of ignoring it, almost like the machine is saying "its metal jack, exactly what, your guess is as good as mine".
But .... The 3 foot pinpoint would have been an indication that this was no solitary Morgan waiting to be rescued.

R

rvbvetter

That 55 or 56 chevy must have hit broad side. Showing it to the right car guy, might get your $169.00 back. Forget about the excedrin. They're long gone. HH

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1320 said:
Ahhh, thought I was onto a cache after trenching two feet.... :P

Ah, true.
One of the joys, and pains, of the hobby. Ya never know until you dig it up.
On the bright side, you did find a cache .... Of chrome.
I don't imagine that there are many buried bumpers out there.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
1320 said:
Don't ever make a deal to return the yard in the same condition as before you dig...this one cost me $169, plus a bottle of extra strength aspirin.

Don't believe your target ID when it reads "Silver Dollar at 8 inches". Believe your aching body when it cries stop.

Why is it that no matter how junkie the target is, it must come out of the dirt?

Hey man, this post is so real. Actually, too real. I've never dug a bumper but I've made 30-inch deep holes for old license plates.

I hear ya on the target ID readings too. I don't care what brand detector you buy, all those meters are about the same. The last big hunks of crap I dug were 95 (high coin) on my Tesoro. But like all the others there are telltale sounds and meter fluctuations that tip us off to the possible nature of that yet undug target.

I've got a deep signal by a tree right now that I've never dug.

But sometimes it does pay off. Years ago I dug a very iffy signal by a big 200 year old tree and found a cache of CW era jewelry and mini balls.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Hey 1320! When you dig around trees & cut roots for that elusive target, you have just proven to all that you just might "BUMP" into the unexpected.
Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread