Electric Fence Interference

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I finally got permission to search a pasture that had a skirmish on it.Unfortunately,my xl-pro just ticks like a clock and the meter sweeps in rythm.My eagle,while somewhat less affected,still beeps constantly.I did manage to find one bullet,a watch winder and what appears to be a gun tool and was told where to park anytime I want to detect(no need to ask permission).I tried lower signal and ground balancing closer to the ground which seemed to help.Has anyone found a better way to work around electric fence interference?Thanks DBULL

Upvote 0
OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Well,I read somewhere that a smaller coil lower electrical interference.This morning I strapped my royal 800 on my eagleII sl,air balanced about 6" off the ground and ran the power at 5.Sure enough,it made a really noticeable difference.I dug about 30 square nails before the rain came,but feel confident if any other relics had been under my coil I would have found them.Thanks DBULL

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the frequency of your machines and the fact they are crystal controlled.
Far better to borrow say a Tesoro that uses a LC/Tank circuit to generate the frequency.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've used my Vision under power lines without problem with a small DD coil but not an electric fence. That's a bit closer proximity than power lines 30' overhead. Still, most detectors can't do power lines either.

Al

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Please don't take this wrong.
If you feel the site is worthy of the relics that are probably there, you may have to switch to a Minelab Etrac. I have no problems with interference of any types using this machine where others fail.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions