Talk me down from the ledge!!!

dlrwaitnonadime

Oct 22, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pretty new to the Hobby only having had my Ace 250 for about two months. I have been out pretty frequently and I am Really enjoying it. I have found a fair amount of clad, one silver Mercury dime and some pretty cool relics. I have been reading the finds forum on here almost daily and it is about to make my head explode. I just want to find one Indian Head penny and every time I look at the finds forum sombody is finding multiple IH's, Barbers, Standing Liberty's and on and on. I know I probably just need to be patient and continue to increase my locations for hunting but I just really want to find the old stuff and I just keep finding the new. Our ground is dryer than a popcorn fart right now and I have been praying for rain as I have read that may help the ground conditions and I know it would make digging much better. Anyways just ranting. I know I am hooked so hopefully the good stuff will not always elude me. Thanks for reading and if you have any words of wisdom, speak up!!!!

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
bazinga said:
A better machine makes the location even less important.

BUNK!!!!!!!! The guy that knows what his machine is telling him will prevale! How many ole timers have you seen that have a 1980s vintage TR out finding stuff left & right. Doesn't matter the price of your machine, it's how well you use it & listen to it. That's after you've done the most important part RESEARCH.

When it comes to the kind of public parks that I am hunting, I have NEVER seen an old timer with an old machine dig even so much as a wheat penny.

Are you one of these so called old timers with an old TR that thinks that they can outhunt me with a TR in a public park? Bring it on. Loser gives up their machine.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmmm. 28 years old..... Yup, Seen it all done it all, Gotta turn everything into a challenge. There's a lady in my area that's using an old 5000D, beat to heck, and I would bet she could out hunt the both of us combined :D ;D Slow down have another cup of :coffee2: The point is, it's not the price of your machine or how many bells & whistles it has, it's how well you've learned to use it.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
boogeyman said:
bazinga said:
A better machine makes the location even less important.

BUNK!!!!!!!! The guy that knows what his machine is telling him will prevale! How many ole timers have you seen that have a 1980s vintage TR out finding stuff left & right. Doesn't matter the price of your machine, it's how well you use it & listen to it. That's after you've done the most important part RESEARCH.

When it comes to the kind of public parks that I am hunting, I have NEVER seen an old timer with an old machine dig even so much as a wheat penny.

Are you one of these so called old timers with an old TR that thinks that they can outhunt me with a TR in a public park? Bring it on. Loser gives up their machine.
Bazinga(Brian), The only thing I wonder is why you have changed your username so many times over the years you have been on here.
With postings like this, I now know why. icon_poop.gif Your attitude has completely changed since you first became a member on this site.
Here is your first post-
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Brian and I went on my first detecting trip a little less than a month ago. I went out yesterday for a bit and found 13 coins bringing my total to 99. So of course today after class I had to go out and find that 100th coin. I went to a local park and after about 2min I pulled out a quarter for my 100th coin since purchasing my detector. Then 2min later it started raining, but I was happy to find the big 1-0-0. 60 of the coins had come on my last 2 trips out, so I'm finally starting to understand how to best use my detector. It is a Garret Ace 250.

Welp, just thought I'd get my first post underway.

Brian

and your second-
Well, I've actually just ordered a Minelab Sovereign because I've become addicted to the hobby and I wanted a detector that would go deep for the old farm sites that I hunt so that I can find more silver and less clad like all of my other buds.

I get jealous watching them pull out IH pennies left and right while I'm pulling out trash and clad coins. But, clad is better than nothing.

Brian

And I could go on and on, the point is quit being so condescending, offer help instead of hype.

Attachments

• icon_poop.gif
    icon_poop.gif
    11.7 KB · Views: 232

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
Hmmmm. 28 years old..... Yup, Seen it all done it all, Gotta turn everything into a challenge. There's a lady in my area that's using an old 5000D, beat to heck, and I would bet she could out hunt the both of us combined :D ;D Slow down have another cup of :coffee2: The point is, it's not the price of your machine or how many bells & whistles it has, it's how well you've learned to use it.

I could probably give you 30 references of guys that I have hunted with who would all say the same thing about my ability to out hunt anybody in a turf setting. No, it's not the price of one's machine. But my ability with my machine is going to destroy anybody with a lesser machine in a turf setting. It wouldn't even be a fair contest. But those that don't know what a good machine can do in the right hands just don't even remotely understand that.

diggummup said:
Bazinga(Brian), The only thing I wonder is why you have changed your username so many times over the years you have been on here.
With postings like this, I now know why.
Your attitude has completely changed since you first became a member on this site.

Brian[/i]
And I could go on and on, the point is quit being so condescending, offer help instead of hype.

I don't change my user name to hide anything. Most people on here know exactly who I am and I don't try to hide that. My attitude has changed because I once listened to a number of people on site's like these because I assumed because they were an old timer that they actually knew something about detecting. Instead, they are mostly just brand loyal and don't really know a lot. Yes, there are some guys on here that I think are pure genius when it comes to detecting, but most just like to talk.

As far as offering help goes, I offer lots of help. But it usually disagrees with what many old timers have to say, so it gets taken as negative because many of you are too blind to really see what's right in front of you.

I don't just randomly say nice job and tell people that their Ace 250 will find the same things that an E-trac or v3i can find. Fact is, it can't. I don't sugarcoat anything.

Hugs and kisses.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i guess i'm real lucky ya don't live around my area or i'd have to give up metal detecting cause you would of already found everything :laughing9:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dogpound said:
i guess i'm real lucky ya don't live around my area or i'd have to give up metal detecting cause you would of already found everything :laughing9:

Highly doubtful. I ignore 99% of clad so Garrett users have something to look forward to when they go detecting.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bazinga said:
dogpound said:

Highly doubtful. I ignore 99% of clad so Garrett users have something to look forward to when they go detecting.
yup, hunted with a few guys like this. Bazinga you still using that Minelab Sovereign? I use one also. I wouldn't mind following you through a park or two, and clean up what you've missed. No I'm not brand loyal, If that were true I'd still be plowing along with a Bounty Hunter. I've swung whites , Garrett, and several others I'm sure you've never heard of. Whether someone swings a 250 or an ETrac doesn't really matter period! The users knowledge of their machine is what gets the job done. I'd lay money there's a lot of us that have paid for our machines at least once. Can you say the same? Guess you need more time in the field son. I'm just wondering where you got the idea that other peoples machines are junk & you are such a master hunter you can put other peoples skills or machines down. you use what you got & do the best you can & enjoy hunting & being outdoors. Take care.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
bazinga said:
dogpound said:

well its good to hear that you've mastered your machine, along with the art of BS :thumbsup:

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boogeyman said:
bazinga said:
dogpound said:

yup, hunted with a few guys like this. Bazinga you still using that Minelab Sovereign? I use one also. I wouldn't mind following you through a park or two, and clean up what you've missed. No I'm not brand loyal, If that were true I'd still be plowing along with a Bounty Hunter. I've swung whites , Garrett, and several others I'm sure you've never heard of. Whether someone swings a 250 or an ETrac doesn't really matter period! The users knowledge of their machine is what gets the job done. I'd lay money there's a lot of us that have paid for our machines at least once. Can you say the same? Guess you need more time in the field son. I'm just wondering where you got the idea that other peoples machines are junk & you are such a master hunter you can put other peoples skills or machines down. you use what you got & do the best you can & enjoy hunting & being outdoors. Take care.

I use an Explorer. The melt value of my silver coins alone would pay for both of my Explorers. I don't find much clad. I choose not to dig 99% of it, like I said before. I'd rather cherry pick the silver and other old coins.

Yeah, I've probably never heard of any other brands. ::) I have 7 machines in the house right now from 4 different brands. I don't say other machines are junk. But for those of you that think an Ace 250 is going to compete in a public park for deep old coins with an E-Trac, you are silly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread