Indian Head Penny

dlrwaitnonadime

Oct 22, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only been doing this since August 29, 2010 and I have found a decent amount of cool things, to include a Mercury dime, 1936. I have several Mercury dimes in a coin collection I have had since I was a kid, so I thought it was cool to find it.....but.....I have only ever seen an Indian Head Penny behind glass. There are several from a time capsule in a display in our courthouse. I just think they are so cool. I have never had one in my hand and I want one. It is an obsession. I almost want to ask the moderators here to declare a rule that nobody can post another one until I have one in my hand.{ Just kidding} I will not consider myself to have arrived until I have at least one of these in my possession. I am currently hunting a yard of a house that was built in 1905 but the weather here has been less that good since I got my detector. I am praying for some good rain hoping that will make the difference. The bottom line is that dlrwaitnonadime needs to score that Indian. Yalll all wish good things for me as I am about to bust wanting to find one of these. When I get it you will all know it, I promise.

Upvote 0

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give a mouse a cookie and he will want a glass of milk......

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last IH (1899) I found looked like it was freshly minted. It was laying almost on top of the ground under a bush at a late 1800s old brick German church.

Good luck and remember to breath when you find that first one. :headbang:

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Until you find yours here is one of mine to covet or just look at if you like. Hope you get yours soon. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 1st indian.jpg
    1st indian.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 1st indian.jpg
    1st indian.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 214

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
It's just a matter of being in the right spot. I had been wanting to find my first one a few years ago and one afternoon next to an old railroad depot I found 4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread