Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Oct 2010
    Alabama
    Minelab Etrac, Garrett Pro-Pointer
    17 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Indian Head Penny

I have only been doing this since August 29, 2010 and I have found a decent amount of cool things, to include a Mercury dime, 1936. I have several Mercury dimes in a coin collection I have had since I was a kid, so I thought it was cool to find it.....but.....I have only ever seen an Indian Head Penny behind glass. There are several from a time capsule in a display in our courthouse. I just think they are so cool. I have never had one in my hand and I want one. It is an obsession. I almost want to ask the moderators here to declare a rule that nobody can post another one until I have one in my hand.{ Just kidding} I will not consider myself to have arrived until I have at least one of these in my possession. I am currently hunting a yard of a house that was built in 1905 but the weather here has been less that good since I got my detector. I am praying for some good rain hoping that will make the difference. The bottom line is that dlrwaitnonadime needs to score that Indian. Yalll all wish good things for me as I am about to bust wanting to find one of these. When I get it you will all know it, I promise.

us
    Jun 2010
    east texas
    Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
    45 times

Re: Indian Head Penny

Give a mouse a cookie and he will want a glass of milk......

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2008
    Ohio
    13 times

The last IH (1899) I found looked like it was freshly minted. It was laying almost on top of the ground under a bush at a late 1800s old brick German church.

Good luck and remember to breath when you find that first one.
    Clad Pays

us
    Nov 2008
    Anchored out, West Florida
    Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
    6 times

Until you find yours here is one of mine to covet or just look at if you like. Hope you get yours soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st indian.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	42703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1st indian.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	466693  
    Count Your Blessings but Remember Your Dreams!

us
    Feb 2010
    Formerly NH now East Tennessee
    Garrett GtaX1250
    1800 times

It's just a matter of being in the right spot. I had been wanting to find my first one a few years ago and one afternoon next to an old railroad depot I found 4.
    Live Free or Die

Sponsors