Unbelievable time with dollar general batteries

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
I am not sure why but I have longer life with cheep batteries . My White prism IV takes 2 9volt batteries and this is not bull. I get over 40 hrs on a set and I run not on all metal but no discrimination . The batteries are Black and yellow . They say dollar general on them . They have been out lasting duracell and all the others by twice to 4 times the amount of time I am not sure about the other style AA c or d .Just thought 2 batteries cost 3$ and over 40 hrs just thought I would pass that along. hh Rob :coffee2:

Upvote 0

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
what I worry about with the cheap batteries is them leaking. I had a set of batteries for a lantern from harbhor frieght and and they leaked inside the case. I don't want that to happen to my 250

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using dollar general alkaline AA's for years , i buy them in 20 packs.. i have never had a prob with them.. i get well over 40 hrs use out of them.. there are only a hand full of battery makers and one time there was a report that said buy by price. as lots of name brand companies make for the no name market as well...matter of fact i abuse the batteries, i have a gym bag i carry in the trunk of my car with all things i might need for detecting, when I'm out it sits in the hot sun day after day and it hasn't so far affected the batteries..
HH Paul

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Dollar General batteries sometimes and they always seem to hold up ok. But I always take my batteries out of my machine at the end of every hunt, in part because I don't know how long it will be to the next outing. I also do this because I've had a leaking battery before (no fun) and also because I always check to make sure no water invaded my battery compartment......(another lesson learned the hard way.) Never leave your batteries in your machine for any length of time, that's just asking for problems you don't want.

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Walgreens has AA & AAA 4pks or C & D 2pks for 99cents 10/31-11/6.Been using them for years.Stock up!DBULL

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
can't speak for MDs but in our electronics at home the Safeway batteries always outlasted other name brands....then we decided to get some rechargeables too.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
I normally use Rayovac because they are much cheaper than Duracell and Energizer. 48 pack for $14. But, now that I see Walgreens has their brand @ .99 for a 4 pack, I'll have to go pick some up.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read where some people change batteries after every hunt. Sounds like a little excessive but what do I know. ???

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told at one time(don't know if it's true),that only 3 companies make batteries in this country(USA),Duracell,Rayovac,and Fuji and all others are just made from 1 of these co. :icon_scratch:

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought Dollar General batteries the first time because I was short on $$$ and out of battery power. Since then, they are what I use. The 9 volts seem to last forever in my MD.

Doug

OP
OP
underdogger

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
turtlefoot13 said:
I bought Dollar General batteries the first time because I was short on $$$ and out of battery power. Since then, they are what I use. The 9 volts seem to last forever in my MD.

Doug
Thanks I thought it was just me . A few times i thought my low batterie indicator was not working /. I always take the batteries out when I am done using it each time . never had leaking problem. Never leave homewithout an extra set.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had problems with Raovac leaking in a small tape recorder I have. And I bought a large pack of 18 AAs I think it was. None of them would work! I wrote the company and they sent me 18 new ones that did work. Can't say much for the batteries but the company stands behind its products. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread