first detector whites mxt

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I belive it to be a good detector. Learning to use any detector will take a while. Stick with it, learn your machine and have a blast! Good luck & HH! Chris

OP
OP
W

wickedinhere

you bet i will be getting it in about 2-3 weeks

G

gubelube

hi im new to metal detecting also my first detector is a whites mtx so far i found 33 cents and a fake ring lol but what i hear from other people is that its a great detector

OP
OP
W

wickedinhere

well i did it i just ordered a whites mxt from kellyco, cant wait for it to get here

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck! The winter months are good for hunting, so get out there and find somethin'! HH! Chris

taillgunner

Oct 22, 2008
I have a mxt 300 good unit, not real cheap but will do the job just about any where.have owned mine for about a month now, go out about every day and always find coins, even a ruby ring. once you get the hang of it.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I have been using mine going on 6 years. I have tried a bunch but nothing yet I would give the MXT up for. You can avoid some early frustration by asking questions about it on the Whites forum and you should absolutely pick up a copy of "THE MXTedge" by Jeff Foster. It's the MXT bible and will speed up your learning a ton.
fielddepth.com

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
I've had my MXT for 4 years. Rings and jewelry are no problem as a matter of fact the MXT is super on this type of target. I would suggest you check out the MXT Users Forum. Rob

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using an MXT for about a year and half. You can make the machine considerably more versatile if you add several of the optional coils. I like the 6X10DD as a standard coils as it slips thru trash better than the 12" or the 9.5". In heavy trash the 5.3 does well and also does pretty well as a standard coil. In really heavy trash the 4X6 is the ticket at the cost of a bit of depth and less ground coverage, but a joy to swing.
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions