Pinpoint probe recommendations

blazen70

Apr 20, 2003
Inland Empire, CA
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
I've always wanted to get a Vibra Probe. It's completely water proof and you don't need to take your headphones off to detect with it, but it's also kind of pricey, retails around $100. -Robert-

Jim McCulloch

Mar 27, 2003
I prefer the Bullseye

Easy to use, small and discreet, easy to place in your shirt pocket. Some probes (such as the Automax V2) are huge, ungainly things. More people use, and like, the Bullseye than all the others. Hope this helps; HH Jim

dodgers11

Jun 4, 2003
Tennessee
Check ebay, there are always people trying to sell pinpointers there pretty cheap. I would highly recommend getting one. Makes life a lot easier. I've got an Automax V2 and I use it religiously. However, like Jim said, it's big and bulky.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a vibraprobe and love it. Great machine, wouldn't part with it for grass hunting.

Spirit

Jun 12, 2003
Philly
Just got a vibra-probe last week, and very happy with it. A bit bigger than i expected, but it fits in the belt holder nicely.

S Hardy

Greenie
Aug 16, 2003
I bought one of those big long pain in the butt don't where to put it probes.
It works fine, but my next one will be the White's bullseye. It's smaller and you can get a carrying pouch for it.

Pitch

Jul 27, 2003
I am not real qualified to answer as I am a real newby. I have a Whites bullseye and it works real well. The antenna will let you know the exact size of the object and you know that you are within 1 or 2 inches of it. I put a neoprene glove over the antenna and actually put it into the dirt as opposed to waving it. I can hear the buzz even with the headphones on and it does vibrate slightly.

allyourbase

Oct 1, 2003
NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
saw gcallows post and ran to sears, they have the wizard for $6.97 will try it this weekend. at that price if it does not work it goes in the woodshop!

ayb

hockeyplayer

Aug 24, 2003
Saw the post for the Little Wizard and picked one up at Tool-Coral.com. The unit was back ordered so it took awhile. Tried it a am very disappointed. Maybe others have had luck or maybe I'm using it wrong but it does not pick up coins at all. Any other comments?

allyourbase

Oct 1, 2003
NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
there may be something wrong with the probe hockeyplayer, i have only tried mine in the house but it picked up coins, nails, even my gold wedding ring.

as always ymmv, and i won't know how it works in the ground until after this weekend.

good luck

ayb

scotty

Oct 12, 2003
central missouri
pointer

I use the bullseye pointer and like it very well, it does the job its was intended to be used for. My wife also uses the bullseye pointer as well as do both my sons. I have not had occasion to try the other brands, but am very satisfied with the Whites pointer.

allyourbase

Oct 1, 2003
NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Got out over the weekend for about 2 hours, did not find much but I was searching in an old trash dump along side of a river. Found only 1 penny 1961 and a rusted old saw buried about 8" down, but the little wizard probe worked like a charm the entire time.

It is really nice for identifing those little bits of metal that look more like dirt or rock[all junk] but at least it is great for that if nothing else.

I also find that if the bit of metal is more than 1" underground the wizard won't beep but when you are closer than that it works great.

ayb

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Just like the bullseye that scotty mentioned, i love it, it is great because you know you are within an inch of whatever you are digging up. JD uses a (help me here JD) National geographic ????? small metal detector that works very good also because you can wave it over the area. Either way, the pinpointer has saved us plenty of time digging.

Chiz
8)

Attachments

• image-1344447809.png
    image-1344447809.png
    654.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image-1132357733.png
    image-1132357733.png
    710.4 KB · Views: 29

allyourbase

Oct 1, 2003
NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
WLC4Ever,
I would return it for another, I think you may have gotten a bad one.

I don't have to do any of what you describe with mine. I have never touched the fine tuning adjustment, just turn it on and slowly advance the dial until the beep stops and it is ready to go.

good luck,

ayb

Attachments

• SAM_0434.jpg
    SAM_0434.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 20
  • SAM_0436.jpg
    SAM_0436.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 18
  • SAM_0437.JPG
    SAM_0437.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 17