I have an opportunity to get a new detector at cost to dealer...

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is a local dealer and he is retiring, so he is selling his equipment at cost. I currently have an MXT, but if I was to buy another machine, I would want it to be one that I could use for a specific type of hunting, ie coin shooting, relic hunting, etc. Now I know that everyone has a bias when it comes to their detector, so this isn't a "which the best one," type if inquiry. My question, is there a machine that I should add to my inventory that would be a good addition to the MXT?

Can of worms officially open.....

Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I would say get the DFX but I beleive the MXT is very close as far as what it can do...................so I would say get a totaly different brand. Maybe try one of the upper level Minelabs, Fishers or Tesoros. You may find something you realy like better than your MXT.

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
If he is truly selling them at cost you better stop typing and start buying. They will be gone no time. If they are new and at cost buy them all the ones you do not like you can sell and make some money on Ebay.

R

rvbvetter

Like Mighty said. Since you have a Whites, why not try one of the other brands. Not to push a brand on you, but only because they soon won't be.
If you've ever wanted to try a Fisher, nows the time, before their no more.
I've done this since the 70's and finally this year I tried a Fisher and found I like them. And naturally the company is going kapoot. The usual for me.
Not that I would ever do it. "BUT" If I was to ever push a particular model of Fishers, It would be the CZ 3D.
I'm thinking about getting another CZ 3D for when my present one wears out, since they won't be available later.
In either case, like Swingingmydfx said, you better get down there before their gone. HH

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
You don't say what brands he carries.If Minelab,X70 will do it all.If Tesoro,Tejon would be the one.If BH (Technetic)the T2 would be the one.Fisher,under BH, and White's will be coming out with new models later.Just my 2 cents.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
you already have a great land/ coin/ relic detector. i would go fo a water detector like an excalber, tiger shark, infinium or a beach hunter id.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread