Brilliant site, thanks :icon_thumleft:

The condition of those finds is unbelievable :o

Do you do the Thames yourself?

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! I lost my link to this site sveral months ago and it's been driving menuts trying to find it. It was really bad when TNet went down I was needing a huge treasure hunting / digging /finding fix. Now I can have my Tnet and mudlarrrrrrrrrs too :tongue3:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GREAT STUFF!

But don't forget the treasure that was thrown overboard in Doyle's "The Sign of Four"!

OP
OP
D

derfel

Feb 6, 2008
shaun7 said:
Brilliant site, thanks :icon_thumleft:

The condition of those finds is unbelievable :o

Do you do the Thames yourself?

yes i do the Thames myself, not like these guys who go out into the thick mud, if i get into mud past my ankle i cry like a baby :)

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It should be mentioned that when I detected the Thames years back there were no real rules.

Now if you pop across from the U.S. apart from the fact that a top of range detector will probably be the worst choice, you will also have to buy a licence. No problem with that but even when you have done that you can't detect on the Tower of London side of the river from Westminster to Wapping plus other areas. Then add that you can't dig holes deeper than three inches.

You may see people on the Tower side and they may be digging deep holes but they are the exception that proves the rule. There's the Thames Mudlarks who have been working the Thames before detectors were thought of (dig and sieve) and they are allowed to detect and work areas that even with a license you are not allowed on. Plus the depth regulation doesn't apply to them.

Break the rules and at best your asked to leave, at worst, you get arrested.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread