TREASURE WORLD PARK!

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Come one, come all, to Treasure World Park!

No, it's not open yet, but we're working on it.

Well, thinking about working on it.

Well, thinking about getting someone else to work on it.

Here are some off-the-wall ideas for a dream park for treasure hunters, especially those who are looking out windows at ice and snow and frozen ground for several months of the year.

Join the fun - tell us what you'd like to see in a Treasure Park. Click the comment button on the podcast blog and add to the craziness.

Listen to this marvelously interesting (if I do say so myself) show at:

http://thetreasurecorner.com

---Dan Hughes

P.S. Here's the newsletter that Bob didn't like, which thereby started this whole idea:

http://tinyurl.com/23vahnl

Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You want Ideas Dan?

Call me. :D I have built a couple of kids treasure adventure plots. From the ground all the way up to prize distribution. Maybe I could shoot you a few Ideas? This can work without a hitch. Like Put-Put golf, people could bring their own machines to detect with or rent one at a minimal cost for their wife or kids. They could detect one of a few large sand pits seeded with legit cool prizes. The adults could even have an option to use their machines on a test garden built by you and you partners. It's endless Dan. We actually book Metal detecting birthday parties on ours. The parents buy the treasures to be planted by me a few days before the event. The kids go CRAZY about it. They love it......Well most of them , the kid in the first photo far left is trying very hard to love it too! :laughing9:

Attachments

• 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 289
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 285
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 280

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Woodland Detector Sales said:
They love it......Well most of them , the kid in the first photo far left is trying very hard to love it too! :laughing9:

Funny, I noticed the kid on the left before reading [yup, I'm looking at the pics first] and my impression was he wanted people [photographer] to quit bugging him so he could get back to business! ;D

As for ideas, I draw my inspiration from the Pan for Gold at Knott's Berry Farm. A trough of water and sand seeded with gold flakes. And the meanest ever gold-prospector to make sure you get panning down right on the first try. The guy was short on patience, seriously scolding the kids...and me, and abruptly grabbed the hands of one little girl [yea, my daughter] to make her swirl the pan correctly. I'm not sure it was an act either. But, really, it was funny. The little vials of gold that everyone pans and takes home are long gone, but my kids still remember and laugh about the grumpy old prospector. A treasure park should have a pan for gold; folks love it.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Woodland's post is spot-on about kids and MD'ing. That idea about a park for kids to come in for birthday parties and use MD's on a salted hunt kinda is brilliant. It inspires lots of ideas- for example, planting several metal 'tags' with numbers on them. If there are 17 kids, you plant 17 tags. Whenever a kid finds a tag for himself, he then helps a friend find one... Once all kids have gotten their tag, they get to choose from a prize table with boxes that have corresponding numbers, one box containing some sort of 'grand prize'...

Better than 10 years ago, I had a relative who worked at the St. Augustine Lighthouse. They were having one of their school groups in and she had me come over with my MD to show the kids how it worked. I'm a pretty cynical guy and wasn't expecting much since kids usually have such a short attention span, but man, they loooooooooooooooooooooooved it- boys and girls alike- to the point that every other event they had planned for the day invariably wound up back at talking about Metal Detecting.

Probably didn't hurt that we planted a fake, gold-plated Cob from the Souvenir Shop and "found it" during the days hunt :wink: but yeah, they really enjoyed it.

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
LSMorgan said:
Better than 10 years ago, I had a relative who worked at the St. Augustine Lighthouse. They were having one of their school groups in and she had me come over with my MD to show the kids how it worked. I'm a pretty cynical guy and wasn't expecting much since kids usually have such a short attention span, but man, they loooooooooooooooooooooooved it- boys and girls alike- to the point that every other event they had planned for the day invariably wound up back at talking about Metal Detecting.

Wait a second.

Kids....they are close to the ground already...their eye-sight is still keen...bend effortlessly at the knees...tireless.

DAN!...listen man, can you make this treasure park for Adults Only? Please? please?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread