I think i might of found a pine tree shiling...

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hi all its MA_Hunter001,

A few days ago my brother, his friend and I were detecting behind and old cemetery (defiantly not in the cemetery) and found a small path leading to an old wagon road which goes more then 2 miles into the woods across the street from my house. His friend found a 1881 Indian Head penny and not too far that my brother dug up a emblem/seal looking coin??... with marking on the outer edge and a tree in the middle. Not exactly sure if it's an actual pine tree shilling, since it is in very bad shape now. ( I would post a pic but my camera isn't working right now... when i get a chance I SURE will. :) :)

But the main thing was I was wondering if there are any other coins/seals/emblem things that have pine trees on them?? ??? The cemetery which was right up the path holds revolutionary war soldiers from our town and CT.
(One of them is a CPT. and i found out he served in the revolutionary war and owned the land next to the cemetery) I would just like to know if anyone has ever seen a seal/coin thing with a tree in the middle. The outside edge like I said was very worn, its about twice the size of a quarter but kinda thin. I'll defiantly clean it up.

Well i know its defiantly from the 1800's maybe even 1700's since other things we found in that area dated to that time period and the town which I'm from was established in 1775.

It very much resembles a pine tree shilling, but I'm not too sure because I couldn't really identify the back of the object. Any farther info would be awesome.

:D :) HH

MA_Hunter001

Upvote 0

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Some of the old coppers are hard to determain if they colonials or whatever! Congrats though!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey MA_hunter...we talked about this in the chatroom last night. I sure hope that's what you found.

If you have a scanner, you could get a good picture of your object. I've never seen a pine tree shilling posted on here.....that would be an awesome find! :o :o

OP
OP
DevilDocST

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Well i hope it is a pine tree shilling. ill defiantly post the pic. thanks for the help again Mona.

HH

MA_Hunter001

any other info would be greatly appreciated, becuase I'm still not positive that it is a pine tree shilling. (when I get a pic up it will be easier for help.)

OP
OP
DevilDocST

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Hi all it's MA_Hunter001

:( just found out that pine tree shilling was actually something else...
its a big dissapointment for me since i really thought it was actualy a shilling.
Sorry... if i find anything else about what what I found i'll post that in another post.

Man, i'm so bumed... :( :(

Well least it seems to be from the rev. war, so i'm not to too upset on not finding anything.

MA_Hunter001

OP
OP
DevilDocST

DevilDocST

Apr 22, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
still trying to find out info on it, but instead of it having a tree in the center it has like a flower...
Even though it's not a pine tree shilling, I'm not giving up :)
I want to try and get my camera working, the I might post it in the "What is it" forum.

MA_Hunter001

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread