Question re- Coinmaster 4000D

bajan

Greenie
Oct 31, 2004
Barbados
Hi , I have just been given a White's Coinmaster 4000D complete with case and booklet.
I started my detecting hobby with a Bounty Hunter QD II which has 3 tones, a depth & probable ID read-out using LED'S.So I am not accustomed to adjusting threshold, GEB etc.The booklet says for beaches to set:
Mode to " Disc" "after initial tuning" and adjust the 'disc adjust' to tune out the salt.Then the booklet says 'If the GEB Mode has been selected for the primary search in a salt free area, it may be necessary to adjust the 'Ground Balance ' control. This is very confusing as all of our beaches are sea shore (Salt) beaches.

My question is : Can anyone here advise me the best way to set up & hunt coral sand beaches/shores for jewelry and coins with the Coinmaster 4000D series 2??
Thanks
Bajan

Upvote 0

Earl

Sep 16, 2004
4000D is an old detector. I had a 6000D and you tuned ti about the same way. The 4000D has what is called a manuel ground balance. Most top detectors today also have a manual ground balance on them. Whites calls this feature geb. Ground Exclusion Balance to help deal with the minerialization in the ground to give you more depth. It does not work well on wet black sand beaches. You will probably have to hunt in the disc mode and adjust either the threshhold or the sensitivity to get it to work. It has been so long since I had that 6000D that I have forgotten, the best bet would be to call whites factory and talk to the service rep. They are very nice people and I am sure in a couple of minutes on the phone they would have you all squared away or contact them on the internet. I don't have the address handy now but just do a google search for whites detectors and i am sure you will find them. The factory is very hep on customer help. Hope this helps a little. Earl

OP
OP
bajan

bajan

Greenie
Oct 31, 2004
Barbados
Thanks Earle,
I appreiate your help.Our beaches are not black sand but coral.I will take your advice & email Whites and see what they can do to help. The detector is in good nick and seems to be working.
Thanks again
Robin
(bajan)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions