Permission granted to a reluctant asker!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I haven't posted about my "honey" hole yet because I've been so busy hunting it!! I think if I hunt it a hundred times...I'll never find everything! I'll be posting some pics soon...my computer is trashed and photos won't post. This place is a privately run swimming hole. It's only open during the warm months. I started foaming at mouth just thinking of hunting there. I gave it a chance and drove up to the owners house(just behind the lake). This nice young man came to the door and I asked if he ran the place. He said his parents owned the lake, but he lived in the house with his roomate. I asked if it would be okay to hunt the parking lot (outside the fenced in lake) and he said "Sure! The gates open over there" I said "You don't mind if I go inside?" " No....Have fun! People have reported all kinds of lost jewelry this past summer" I thought I had died and gone to heaven!! I have found lots of junk jewelry and some silver charms, two silver bracelets and a huge CZ ring. I about choked when I pulled it up. It's beautiful but made of cheap metal! I have found one man's gold wedding band and FINALLY yesterday and nice man's Gold and diamond cluster ring. Not a real big one....but nice all the same. Oh and I forgot to mention about the over 80.00 dollars in clad! That place is wearing me out.....but just when I think I've had enough of it....it still presents treasure. A big bonus is that the lake is filled with bass and my son fishes while I hunt! He's never caught a bass before this past week, a nice two pounder! We released it though. Just think....every summer will only refill my treasure trove and I have exclusive permission to hunt this closed area! HOW SWEET IS THAT!

Thanks for reading and I hope everyone has there own secret honey hole!

HH everyone!

Moon

Upvote 0

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Great, great work. I am absolutely convinced that those of us who are aggressive in asking permission to search places where others haven't gone will see the biggest rewards. I find that most people are ok with it and say yes. Most great places to search are on private property. Keep us updated.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, MoonShadow 8) Sounds like you found a winner.

I agree with Bergie. After hunting with him and his method of getting permission to hunt private properties i have lost my previous inhibitions at approaching people to hunt their lands. Have done it twice on my own and had full permission granted with no problems what so ever. My silver fix is so great now that i'll ask ANYBODY and probably not even bat an eye if i'm ever denied, as there is just so many spots to move on to.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice find, the site that is. And the recoveries are pretty darn good too! Congrats and keep at it!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WTG!,,, Sounds like a great spot, really nice of them to allow your son to fish also...
keep us posted...
Good luck & Happy Hunting~

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks so much everyone! I am very lucky to have this sweet spot! I will definitely post pics ASAP.

Asking does get easier the more you do it. I asked permission yesterday to hunt the local fair grounds and got a big no! I totally understood because he said he allowed it before and someone got hurt! No problem.....would have been a great spot, but there'll be another!

HH,
Moon

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Moon, If you get ready to hunt the water some weekend give me a shout. I could drive down with the old fisher and get' er done. And try to post some pics. HH! Chris

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Chris,
Remind me again where you are? Water hunting sounds great. I've been wanting to do that, but my detector does not like the water too much. I will be upgrading soon and really want to try it out!

Send me a message if you want and maybe we can get together for a great day of hunting somewhere!

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey again Chris......just looked at your profile and saw that you are in Pickens. How far is that from here? Let me know.

HH,
Moon

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sounds good Chris.....just let me know when.

Have a great weekend and HH!

Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread