Went out today untill dark.

D

Diane L.

Wow! I had the best time of my life today,I got to meet a Nice Bar Tender lady and we spoke of the bridge I was under detecting next to the bar..The lake is way way down and you can search for days.I just found two 60s Penny's,so nothing old,a shot gun loaded 12 gage shell will get rid of it,My husband said he Will disarm it and just various kinds of lead sinkers and such.I met some kids real cute and talked about water safety and metal detectors and told him to stay away from the water....His dad and brothers were over by the bridge...Then when I came home the neighbors 3 miles away, cows got loose and it took us and hour to get them back in the barn. They were some spunky buggers!I got to do some what I call Policing type work.Kids saftey and cows what more can you ask for!

Upvote 0

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a good time. You should hit that low lake area hard while you can, as there might be some good finds that no one else has detected over yet. Since you helped them with their cows maybe you can get permission to hunt the farm they own. Might pay off. 8)

L

lookstwice

part of that sounds familiar...coming in from work halloween night, i saw cows in the highway and realized i knew the owner (they were belted galloways---the only ones in this area) so before going to his house i parked my truck and started pushing them back that way...they turned the right way but bailed off into a small creek with high banks...when they came out they were in a cemetery---nights are geting cooler so there was a light fog...most spooky these black and white forms among the graves in the dark night mist rising and all...anyway the owner finally showed up with help and the cows were home in time for a midnight snack

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread