Gold nugget detector
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    my
    Jan 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    29

    Gold nugget detector

    I am thinking of going Gold nugget detecting in the Hunza valley in the coming summer.
    Would appreciate if anybody can recommend a good nugget detector with good depth
    and also a detector that works well in water. I was thinking of purchasing the Garrett
    Infinium LS so if there is any other detector you can recommend pls share with me the
    details. I am now deciding between a Garrett Infinium LS and AT Pro.

  2. #2

    May 2008
    187

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    My choice would be with the Infinium. It will go deeper and handle the ground conditions better.
    Hip mount it and you should be able to hunt all day without your arm hurting to the point you
    would want to cut it off to make it feel better. It will take you a little while to learn how to set
    it so make the effort, search for past posts on it and you can find a lot of information on it. You
    also need to hunt in area's where gold has been found before and learn to hunt in ground that
    is not more than two feet deep to bedrock. Try to hunt where gold larger than .2 grams and
    larger ( nuggets ) HAVE been found not just fines.
    XT

  3. #3
    us
    URBAN DISCOVERY !

    Nov 2004
    NC
    WHITES DFX, TESORO
    1,036
    47 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Anyone know of a good nugget detector for Salt Water Beaches ?
    Something that will pick up small birdshot size targets on Salt Water Beaches without
    tons of noise and chatter..
    URBAN DISCOVERY !
    DISCOVERING, RECOVERING, PRESERVING AMERICAN AND WORLD TREASURES ONE PIECE AT A TIME

  4. #4
    my
    Jan 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    29

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Thanks. Just for the record anyone know of a good quiet detector with good discrimination
    which also can be used for gold nugget hunting. I previously owned a Bounty Hunter Tracker
    IV which was a very quiet machine but the only problem it had no depth.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated.

  5. #5
    us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    12,713
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Quote Originally Posted by TORRERO
    Anyone know of a good nugget detector for Salt Water Beaches ?
    Something that will pick up small birdshot size targets on Salt Water Beaches without
    tons of noise and chatter..
    The new Minelab GPX4800 and the Minelab GPX5000

    These machines will find the small stuff. The gpx5000 has a new Salt and Relic hunting setting to help on those salty spots.

  6. #6
    us
    URBAN DISCOVERY !

    Nov 2004
    NC
    WHITES DFX, TESORO
    1,036
    47 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Detectors 4-H
    Quote Originally Posted by TORRERO
    Anyone know of a good nugget detector for Salt Water Beaches ?
    Something that will pick up small birdshot size targets on Salt Water Beaches without
    tons of noise and chatter..
    The new Minelab GPX4800 and the Minelab GPX5000

    These machines will find the small stuff. The gpx5000 has a new Salt and Relic hunting setting to help on those salty spots.
    $5 to $6 GRAND ??
    I can't see it... no mater how good...
    URBAN DISCOVERY !
    DISCOVERING, RECOVERING, PRESERVING AMERICAN AND WORLD TREASURES ONE PIECE AT A TIME

  7. #7
    us
    Dec 2008
    here
    DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
    116
    6 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Garrett Infinium LS
    DEALER FISHER  & GARRETT

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

    Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    8,175
    2681 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Quote Originally Posted by ok2raise
    Garrett Infinium LS
    I heard from some prospectors that the infinium is as good as the $4000.00 & $5000.00 gold detectors................
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

  9. #9
    us
    Jan 2011
    Oxford MI
    All
    111
    2 times

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Between the two go with the tried and proved Infinium.The Goldbug ll would be a good choice value wise.Good Luck Ron
    Happy Hunting Ron

  10. #10
    us
    Nov 2008
    Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
    12,713
    129 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    Quote Originally Posted by TORRERO
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Detectors 4-H
    Quote Originally Posted by TORRERO
    Anyone know of a good nugget detector for Salt Water Beaches ?
    Something that will pick up small birdshot size targets on Salt Water Beaches without
    tons of noise and chatter..
    The new Minelab GPX4800 and the Minelab GPX5000

    These machines will find the small stuff. The gpx5000 has a new Salt and Relic hunting setting to help on those salty spots.
    $5 to $6 GRAND ??
    I can't see it... no mater how good...
    LOL He asked. They are the best. Pricey yes.

  11. #11
    us
    May 2009
    Florida
    Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
    2,864
    1854 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

    Re: Gold nugget detector

    If I were looking for a multi-purpose detector (beside the MXT I have), I would probably try a Tesoro Lobo ST. I've never done any nugget shooting, so I can't say how good the MXT would be for the purpose. I'd go for the LST because they seem to sell fairly cheap used and could always be sold for what you paid for it.

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best gold nugget detector for the money

,

infinium gold detector

,

nugget and salt water detector

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0