First AT Pro Silver!!

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I FINALLY got around to swinging the coil where I might have a chance of pulling something with a little age to it. Site is an old Primitive Baptist Church, off the beaten path, at least a hunnert years old, built in the days when they used 24 foot continuous span #1 cypress lumber for the joists, got a tinned over shaker roof, 'baccker spitin' holes in the floor, hat hanging frame suspended from the open ceiling, that kinda place. Alas, someone MUST have hit it in the past. No Injuns, wheaties, nickles, dimes, lots of iron, some foil, individual buckshot pellets, really rusted bottle caps. I did pull a dozen plus clad/zincons from the surface, but it 'twernt too good. Cold to boot, and the wind was blowing.

Howevah... no site is ever worked out. Off to the side, mebbe 50 yards from the structure, out where youngu'ns would have ran and played, vehicles would have parked, horses and mules would have been tied, I got "The Tone"... reading 90 and six inches deep. The Pro don't lie, I know that now. After fighting my way through roots and sticking the pinpointer in the hole numerous times, I finally got her out...

A 1925 Standing Liberty quarter. Worn, about a G-8, partially discolored from the acidic soil down here, but a standing liberty none the less. First silver with the Pro! Whooo-Hooo!
Robin

Upvote 0

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Congrats on the standing quarter, they are hard to find. I have only found 4 of them, been hunting since '76, last one I found was about 10 years ago. HH

OP
OP
CaptainRobin

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appreciate the congrats. I thought it was a good omen to dig that girl as the first silver with the AT Pro.

As for the pinpointer ~ Garrett Pro-Pointer. I like that puppy, got a scraper on the edge, an LED light, vibrates and tone, and sings out when both the tip or side is in proximity of the target. You can stick it in the hole tip first for deeper targets, or scan your spoil pile sideways. Wish I'd had one 30 years ago when I was finding gobs of old coin. Highly recommended by me.

Robin

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWSOME!! I have only found ONE 1925 before. It just happened to be AU....sold it on the spot for 65 bucks.
Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread