Would like to upgrade Whites Quantum II need help

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Eureka Gold, 2" and 4" dredges, Gold Hog raptor 2.0 flare high banker, Mini Piglet Flare, Garrett ATX, Gold Hog Multi Sluice, (2) Gold Bug 2 detectors, Mine Lab Monster 1000 detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know if you send it to whites they can updgrade it to a QXT Pro (at least they used to). I use to have one a few years back and it was deep and you can assign a high or low tone to any of 8 metal catagories you have to choose from and in mixed mode it's great on deep objects. It can use all the coils that the XLT uses. Hope that helps.
HH
John

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Eureka Gold, 2" and 4" dredges, Gold Hog raptor 2.0 flare high banker, Mini Piglet Flare, Garrett ATX, Gold Hog Multi Sluice, (2) Gold Bug 2 detectors, Mine Lab Monster 1000 detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I appreciate your input John, I was thinking of that as well about sending to Whites but I know I had seen on one of these forums that someone actually had bought a upgrade chip and installed themselves. Do you know what I can upgrade my unit too? For the XLT coils I didn't know my MD was upgradeable thanks for that info as well. Do you have any suggestions on what type of coil I should get? Well I appreciate all input and info received from all.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ace4166 said:
I appreciate your input John, I was thinking of that as well about sending to Whites but I know I had seen on one of these forums that someone actually had bought a upgrade chip and installed themselves. Do you know what I can upgrade my unit too? For the XLT coils I didn't know my MD was upgradeable thanks for that info as well. Do you have any suggestions on what type of coil I should get? Well I appreciate all input and info received from all.
The Quantum II can be upgraded the the QXT Pro. They're already the same frequency (6.5 khz) and both can use the XLT coils as is, but the upgrade to the QXT Pro will give you more setup options that the Quantum II doesn't have. Maybe whites will sell you the upgrade chip since your detector isn't under warrantee anymore. The standard 9.5" coil works the best on your machine for general hunting.

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
John I appreciate all the excellent advise that you have giving me on my detector. I received it a few years ago as a Xmas gift and never took it out to play with it but now i am getting to where I would like to.
On the chip would I just call Whites and ask for a upgrade chip or do you know of any place else that might supply them?

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ace4166 said:
John I appreciate all the excellent advise that you have giving me on my detector. I received it a few years ago as a Xmas gift and never took it out to play with it but now i am getting to where I would like to.
On the chip would I just call Whites and ask for a upgrade chip or do you know of any place else that might supply them?
I would call Whites. I don't know of anyone offering them for sale. There may be more to upgrade than just the chip. Good Luck
HH
John

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will give them a call to see what they have to say, thanks again

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Ace, call around to the different whites service centers, some have them, some don't,just go to their website to get the number, they go for about 20 bucks, easy to install, Jhar.

OP
OP
ace4166

ace4166

Dec 30, 2010
Auburn, WA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I called Whites today and they r telling me I need to send I MD to them and they will do it. I know I seen somewhere someone did it themselves and it was easy. Whites is wanting to charge me 45 for labor 15 for sending it back to me plus the cost to send it to them plus and price of the chip.

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...And they will check the unit out completely.....Their prices are very fair....the techs do alot for $45.....Tune up so to speak.......or you can call another service center to see if they will sell and ship you one...Good Luck...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread