Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Now we know what detector makers have poor quality control......... Some really bad quality control they are... Minelab ... First Texas with there Fishers ,Tek's ect........ and Garrett............. We see the problems all the time with these brands........... And with Minelab & Fisher it is also the repair problems................ Now i have never been a Whites person........... But the more i see all the problems with all these others ............. I NEVER see these problems with Whites............ That could make me a Whites person ............. Why buy a detector that gives you problems right out of the box.......... When if i buy a Whites no problem ............ I would have to say that Whites have great Quality Control.......................

Attachments

• 32108-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Green-Circular-Stamp-With-Quality-Control-Approved-Text-Over-A...jpg
    32108-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Green-Circular-Stamp-With-Quality-Control-Approved-Text-Over-A...jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 427
Upvote 0

gmanlight

Jun 17, 2007
MA NH seacoast
Detector(s) used
what ever works
Whites are darn good but as i recall thy had some issues when the V3 came out.
Now Garrett had some issues with the AT Pro.
Tesoro has not put out a new machine in 10 years so thy
should have it down , tight.
Can First Texas do a better job, i hope so ,but thy also have put out
close to 10 machines in the last 7 years.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
unfortunately this can be and issue with anything we buy, including cars and other home electronics

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems that over the last few years there have been issues with just about all the company's above. When the economy went bad there was a mad scramble to cut cost quickly and it had an effect on the products. But I have seen that in the last year there has been good improvements on production .
This is the world we live in now and we have to adjust for this. But I am surprised that many did not go out of business from what happened , and it looks like a few where bought out by the stronger companies as they were failing .

After reading about most if not all of these companies I found that the are doing better on QC and getting the product out to the users . Although it has not been perfect that is for sure.

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Like most....I have had my share of detectors and I have to agree with the original post. I have owned garrett's, minelabs, tesoro's and white's. I now have three whites detectors that i would not part with and am totalt satisifed with. The last one added to the three was a beach hunter ID. I bought this detector used from an individual and although it worked....I thought I would send it in for a check out just so when I finally get to the beach to hunt it would be in top notch shape. The ladies I delt with at Whites repair service were pleasurable and approximately a week later.....I received my detector back tweaked, repaired and stamped with the white seal of approval......no cost. There service is great.....to say the least.

Still a whites guy....
Gregd

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never experienced a bad Garrett or Whites customer service transaction, whereas others have left me enraged. Oh well, live and learn. Usually I can except a bad run or a moderate design deficiency, but the lack of good customer support really pisses me off beyond words.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell that to those of us who bought BHIDs in 2006.........I bought a Whites Beach Hunter ID new in July 2006, I had to send it in twice for leaks in 6 months, I called and complained the 2nd time it leaked when I sent it and was told I must not be closing it properly. It was under warranty, I complained about having to pay the shipping again for leaks when I had just sent it in a few months earlier but was told I still had to pay the shipping. It turned out all the BHID's had bad gaskets......

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't comment on QC, but Garrett's support gets a :icon_thumright: from me. I've also had outstanding service from Tesoro and White's.

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never had a liberal amount of discressionary income to invest in detectors, so when I had to have my Whites repaired just after the two year warranty was up I got it fixed, but bought a Tesoro as a backup. Now, after eight years and over 3000 hours on my Tesoro, I'll stay with them because I sent it in for a toggle switch repair (after 6th year)and it came back quickly and at no charge......
the lifetime warranty is for real there!!!!
Paul

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys

I have a suspicion that a lot of detector problems are operator error, and I have helped a lot of people out on the forums. I don't post my finds much.....but I give free advice on certain detectors that I have or have had experience with. A lot of newbies to the hobby have no experience with manual/auto ground balancing a detector and thus are confused with this control adjustment. I think most detector problems are mis-adjustments of ground balancing or sensitivity controls, and should be addressed by more experienced forum members. JMHO

Randy

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
My brother in law won't drive anything other than a GM product.....my mechanic is a Dodge man and won't hear of any other vehicle....I have a close friend who had the tranny go out on his Chevy truck under 40,000 miles....my brother's Dodge ate brakes, rotors and front end parts like candy..............my point is we all like something and we all have the stories like mine. This is a great country isn't it!!!
More on point, I currently own White's, Fisher and Tesoro so there is no over the top brand loyalty living here. I used the White's for 4 years and developed a problem, I sent it to one of their "authorized" repair centers, it came back with with a clean bill of health AND the same issue I sent it in for. I then sent it to Sweet Home and White's made it right...by replacing the circuit board, keypad and headphone jack. I wasn't happy to have paid twice for shipping to fix the machine but I was pleased that the problem was found, diagnosed and repaired. SO did I get good service or not so good service.....after all the first place I sent it to was an "authorized" repair center.....you be the judge.
To me the bottom line is that all products we buy, sell, use or borrow can have problems......but they are all just minor inconveniences in the overall scope of life........save your angst for the important things in life......your health and family!!

HH

Dave

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
DKinPA said:
My brother in law won't drive anything other than a GM product.....my mechanic is a Dodge man and won't hear of any other vehicle....I have a close friend who had the tranny go out on his Chevy truck under 40,000 miles....my brother's Dodge ate brakes, rotors and front end parts like candy..............my point is we all like something and we all have the stories like mine. This is a great country isn't it!!!
More on point, I currently own White's, Fisher and Tesoro so there is no over the top brand loyalty living here. I used the White's for 4 years and developed a problem, I sent it to one of their "authorized" repair centers, it came back with with a clean bill of health AND the same issue I sent it in for. I then sent it to Sweet Home and White's made it right...by replacing the circuit board, keypad and headphone jack. I wasn't happy to have paid twice for shipping to fix the machine but I was pleased that the problem was found, diagnosed and repaired. SO did I get good service or not so good service.....after all the first place I sent it to was an "authorized" repair center.....you be the judge.
To me the bottom line is that all products we buy, sell, use or borrow can have problems......but they are all just minor inconveniences in the overall scope of life........save your angst for the important things in life......your health and family!!

HH

Dave
I found out a long time ago on whites....If you send it to Sweet Home Or... you will get it fixed fast and right. But send it to any of there other "authorized" repair center's it will cost you more and you get shoddy work......It might cost you more $ to ship it to Sweet Home but you get it done right there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions