New to the hunt need help

ryanf73

Feb 9, 2011
I am just jetting into medal detecting. I am wanting to look for gold nuggets and other stuff around old camps in the woods and along creeks. What would you guys recommend for a metal detector?? I do not wish to spend a lot of money so I was also looking at used. Ebay has a new ACE 350 for $300 but i can not find many reviews and i do not want to buy something and it not do what i want. I would like to get a Whites MXT but it is out of my price range.
Any help would be great Thanks Ryan...

Upvote 0

Wild Boulder Bill

Jan 5, 2005
Now residing Waynesboro Georgia
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer, whites gtx, tesoro lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike I have been hunting for years with the minelabs but I have detected with friends who have used the garretts I don't think you would be disappointed with one.
WBB

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can not help but my freind uses the White's MXT and he finds small grain nuggets with it.......Matt

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if u are looking for nuggets then you will be nothing but frustrated with the ACE....save up and go for the MXT or a standard gold machine....not putting any one brand down but trying to save u a headache

OP
OP
R

ryanf73

Feb 9, 2011
What about getting a AT Pro I see a lot of good posts about them???
I have learned a lot from reading posts. Would the AT Pro be good for finding nuggets it does have a higher freq?? But it does cost more.

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi ryan, welcome to t-net... you might want to research the tesoro bandito 11 or cibola ... i personally have not used either of these machines,but alot of people swear by the bandito and they can be found on here used between 200-300 dollars... maybe someone on here can chime in as to whether either of these would be good for nugget hunting... good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread