Need advice

csa28

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2006
I have several new place to hunt where i have found the footers to the old house's. I have read lots of tech on the diffrent detectors but just cant make my mind up. i will have around 600 bucks to spend. What i really want is something that can locate relics or coins around 1ft. doesnt have to have a fancy touch screen or a huge coil. i just wana go deep. any advice would be so helpful becasue i am almost brain dead from reading...thanks a bunch...

Upvote 0

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tesoro Tejon works good around cellar hole type sites. It's a no frills machine that doesn't even have a screen to lie to you. It won't find coins a foot deep unless you run in true all metal mode though. And around old home sites there's too much stuff in the ground to run in all metal. Just remember old is not always deep. The cellar holes I work are in the woods and stuff I find is not deep at all. The deepest coin I found was maybe five inches. The most shallow and oldest coin (1795-97) was less than two inches! A true all metal machine will give you more depth and sensitivity to small targets. There is a difference between all metal and zero discrimination. If you really want depth consider a machine that has a true all metal mode. But, be aware that to run in a true all metal mode the site has to be fairly clean and the machine needs to be balanced. Plus, in all metal you can't discriminate. You dig it all. That's when the relics start coming out of the ground.

-Swartzie

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All major manufacturers have their top of the line detectors. All are out of your price range. And to be honest a foot on a coin sized object would be very difficult to pull off. Especially if your dirt is highly mineralized. You will get some answers from people who have good results with their detectors. But I will also be the first of many who tells you that the way to get the most out of your detector is to spend time with it. So now with that stuff out of the way I will mention two detectors that get good reviews from relic hunters that fall into your price range. The new Garrett AT Pro and the Tesoro Tejon. Read up on them. Ask a dealer.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh cmon swartzie my T2 id's perfect with unbelievable target seperation and found things at 14 inches :icon_thumleft:

Best detector in the world i would have to say if you take the time to learn it at the 0 disc mode...
I mean in this day in age with technology you gotta have a screen :icon_scratch:

Blaze....

OP
OP
C

csa28

Tenderfoot
Dec 19, 2006
thanks everyone...and swartzie i see what your saying you are helping my though process lol...i am jus afraid of walking past something thats just a little to deep.. i dont kno why i look at countless pics of ppl pulling old coins 3 inches deep...thanks a bunch....

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tesoro vaquero. nuff said

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread