Need a couple good men with two box units

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Solid lead and unusual opportunity to safely access a desirable, notorious but generally off-limits site in Chicagoland: no need to be sneaky (nothing illegal), but does require discretion. We have the rest of winter to plan. Would prefer someone from the region. No tire kickers or nosy-nellies- serious inquiries only.

PM me if you're interested, I'll PM back if I'm interested. Also posting in Cache Hunting and appropriate regional forums.

Upvote 0

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Why split any recoveries with someone "good" with a two box? Two box are straight forward and easy to use. Especially if you have normal metal detecting experience. If you are pretty certain this is a good hot lead, just buy a used 2 box, they are surprisingly affordable. Study the manual and do some testing. Then git the treasure yourself, no strings attached. Then sell the thing. You know, the two box.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
Why split any recoveries with someone "good" with a two box? Two box are straight forward and easy to use. Especially if you have normal metal detecting experience. If you are pretty certain this is a good hot lead, just buy a used 2 box, they are surprisingly affordable. Study the manual and do some testing. Then git the treasure yourself, no strings attached. Then sell the thing. You know, the two box.
gleaner1........... Is right why do you need someone else any newbe can use a 2 box what's the catch ???

OP
OP
LM

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Really bad assumption and conclusion.
The reason more than one person is needed for this little trek has nothing to do with 'knowledge' on how to use a two box unit. There is a certain amount of ground to cover and a limited time to do it- beyond what one person could accomplish.
That's all that will be said on this.

sctoddc

Jan 4, 2010
Greenwood SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mrwilburino said:
Nosy Nellies on a treasure forum? Nonsense! :wink:

The same thing went through my head too. :laughing9:

Todd