gray ghost or killer b

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I have both, the gray ghosts fit my head better, but thats my head, performance wise I think they are the same.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I've had a lot of good high-end phones over the past 20 odd years and for my money nobody can be The Gray Ghost. The pair I'm using now I've had over 6 years and they have never failed me once. For my money it's Gray Ghost all the way. Just MHO

HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Grey Ghosts are very nice, but my Black Widow's are my choice for comfort. None of the manufacturers phones can touch the Detector Pro's.

KYBuzzBox

Apr 7, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, D2, 6x10DD, 4x6DD, Super-12, 8x14DD
I like my BlackWidow's...I just wished that my White's V3i Wireless headphones (more expensive) were as comfortable as my BW's.

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Love my killer bee Wasp and Stinger headphones. Major internet dealer said less warranty issues then with the other brand.

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
I have had both brands and both are top of the line. Both are durable and have great audio. The thing that sets Killer B's apart from Detector Pro is the ear cups. Killer B's are available with leather ear cups, which in my humble opinion are more comfortable. But, with the comfort, comes an issue of how long the cups last. Leather will eventually crack and need replaced. I hunt every day, weather permitting and have my phones on at least 25 to 35 hours a week and leather is just plain more comfortable. R.L.

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Yes, the leather is warm and soft. Love my killer bees so much I have three pair. Needed a warrenty once and sent it in on a monday and it came back on friday the same week, no cost. Great service there!

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me, it's Killer B's. Only because of the ear cups. they are the absolute best! Otherwise, you could flip a coin between the top three. ;D

dbax

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Bought the Killer Bee and love them, each side has its own volume control. I too went with Killer Bee because of the super soft leather ear cushions. My ear cushions began getting stiff and cracking, which makes sense being exposed to a sweaty head and heat. I tried a leather softener but it felt terrible against my head, sticky. I contacted the maker and found out it would cost $24-26 for replacement ear cushions, that includes the shipping I was quoted. This is you receiving the cushions and peeling the old off and sticking the new on. My experience -- they will last about 2 years and then you have to replace them. Not sure about any other headphone cushions.

Corben

Jul 9, 2008
Sacramento
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000. V4
Garrett ATPro
Reminds me of a cartoon I drew up one rainy day...

Next one will be a pair of gray ghosts chasing a detectorist into a church!

Attachments

• 20170327_015447.png
    20170327_015447.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 114

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions