Upvote 0

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Location has a lot to do with it. Most city parks that I've been to are trashy and hunted out. I still manage to squeeze a few old coins out of them but I work hard for each and every one. If you're after clad they can be still be a good place to hunt. What part of Ohio are you from?

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I would get the permit. The spot can't be too hacked up. Check out the areas off the beaten path. I have pulled a lot of good finds out of the beat up parks. I say go for it.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imo,

Where there are "trashy" parks, there have been people. Where there are people, there are coins and rings and such.

Plus, if the park is still being used, it is never "hunted out". :icon_sunny:

B

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey my friend permit's are well worth it, sometimes you think you don't really need one then you get everything confiscated so go ahead get you one and check all areas that the lazy detector won't check. Hills, valleys, rough paths you get the hint. And all areas that look suspicious, make sure you slow down your swing some overlapping your detector by 1/4 to 1/2 laps :icon_thumright: Hope this helped some

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
planejet42, I'm having a little trouble understanding your post: Are you saying that there is a permit system there (ie.: already in place), that you heard about, so you went down to get it? Or are you saying that you went to some public entity, to see if there was permits needed? It sounds like you're saying that there is a permit system in place already there, but just clarifying.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
planejet42 where are you at in Ohio I have not heard of a place that you need a permit to hunt here is Ohio. Plus is it free or how much did it cost you. All of this would have to be consider on if it is worth it......Matt

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How old is the park? How much is the permit?

And BTW...I'm not a lazy detectorist. I don't ask nobody for a permit to do what is my right! If it isn't posted, I detect it!

Been doing this too many years to let some pinhead bureaucrat tell me no.
Al

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In my town you need a permit also I figured it was easy to get and the parks are close when you want to hunt but don't really have time to go any place farther away then a few minutes, sure its worth it, get stopped once and you marked for a long time if you don't have it. Don

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9:

A Few of us spent several weeks going back to a Park
We know was Hammered, since detectors were
invented :tongue3:

Large cents, Indian Cents, Barber Dimes, I Believe a 2 Cent piece,
a Silver Half, Etc Etc came out of this Hammered park.

I'd get permit if I Had to :laughing7:

Also went back to one I Hammerd for 30 or more years,
Close to the same results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions