Las Vegas Desert Detecting

scrapit

Feb 24, 2011
Hi all first timer, but I was traveling to Vegas soon and woundered if anyone had any info on good places to metal detect around or near the strip area or surrounding areas close by. I have a White's XLT , so I thank I have just about all conditions covered. It has been hard to find any info on this area ,why? Are there any open lands or legal areas need to need about? please Help with any info? Thanks all Les G. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seriously? In Downtown Vegas?

Do you really want to do that? :)

There are some serious, straight up freaks that walk those streets man. I'm sure you know that. But, there are probably some grassy areas to beep on somewhere I suppose.
Watch your back.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike is correct, Vegas isn't like it use to be......There isn't much on or near the strip that you can detect, and you will need to be careful and watchful of your surroundings.... If you rent a car then you can get outside of town and you can find some places.....

Good luck....

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Most of the goodies are in other parts of Nevada. This is as close as I can get.
Amargosa desert treasure:
Buried Jewelry and equipment.
Location-Indian Springs -App. 30 miles above Las Vegas on US95
- N35* 33.8' W115* 40.2'
Story-The wagon train was attacked by Paiute Indians and the jeweler was killed. The contents of the wagon and the jeweler were buried and the wagon burned over them.
I have a few more , but they are even futher away.

PS: Your XLT could find this in prospect prog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread