Buying new metal detector.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
You can do better with any machine than that one. $200.00 gets you a Garrett Treasure Ace 250, but you can do alot better. There is one called Cibola, made by Minelab, I believe. I've heard awesome things about it. It's about $350.00.

Bob

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The Cibola is made by Tesoro and they are tremendous machines $340.

The very best in the Tesoro line would be the Cortes (with meter set ground balance) or Tejon (sound only adjustable ground balance).

Personally I use the Tesoro DeLeon and it's the best machine I've ever owned. I'm re-hunting some of my old sites and it's like they've never been hunted before. All Tesoros are supreme at target separation. You can lay a square nail over a silver coin and Tesoro will detect the coin and ignore the nail. I've included a picture of a Merc Dime I dug last week that was surrounded by trash. The Tesoro system saw the dime with no problem.

But, for $600 you could get the Nautilus IIB $535. The Nautilus is super deep and features a very unique dual detecting system and from what I hear is just as smooth as the Tesoros. If you were to get it you'd never need to upgrade again.

I love Tesoro but come next Spring I'll be using a Nautilus IIB myself.

There you have it...now it's time to do your research.

Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• dime_trash.jpg
    dime_trash.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 228
OP
OP
dishinet

dishinet

Jun 18, 2006
Mississippi
Thanks for the help on choosing a good machine. I really appreciate the information. I'll post on what i decide on. Till then, Happy Hunting!!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Im not pushing Whites & I hear Tesoro's are great machines but Dallas has a used/great condition MXT for $550. I would think about getting it but I have 4 machines right now & I realy like my Quantum.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why not buy used I got my EXPLORER II for $650.00 from a guy that relised it wasn't that easy to find tresure ;)

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
I picked up a used Quattro for 550. Can't say enough good words about it. Check on the Eb-- site. Frequently see good detectors for reasonable prices.

grizzly bare

OP
OP
dishinet

dishinet

Jun 18, 2006
Mississippi
Thanks for all the info guys. I looked on EB-- for some but nothing in my price range. What do you guys think about these: Whites Prizm V or the Garrett GTP 1350? I noticed you can get either one for 500-600 from kellyco. As i know nothing about either one, I would appreciate any help on wether i should think about one of these or just plain stay away from them. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread