LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Very nice design.
I took a 10 second look and saw a few on-page SEO tweaks that could be done, but nothing major.

The most glaring was your URL design could be improved a bit to add the word "metal" into the various keyword strings.
For example, on Beach and Underwater Metal Detectors, your URL is formatted like this.

http://www.woodlanddetectors.com/category/58-beach-underwater-detectors.aspx

It should read like this

http://www.woodlanddetectors.com/category/58-beach-underwater-metal-detectors.aspx

Three big on-page SEO arbiters are title, domain and intro text. If you're missing a critical keyword here, it won't help capture the exact match search string boost for the most desirable terms. To give you an idea of the difference in prospective search volume:

keywordsmds.jpg

Google is smart enough to recognize the semantic relationship of the text, but it does boost strongly for on-page factors that exactly match the search string, without going overboard and getting spammy.

Same thing with something like Fisher.
http://www.woodlanddetectors.com/manufacturer/7-fisher.aspx
Google reads that as "Fisher (via Title and URL)" + "Detectors" (via keywords in the domain) but will only presume a semantic relation when people search for "Fisher Metal Detectors" as opposed to giving you a relevancy boost if you had that text in the title and URL.

I also don't seen an address- it does not inspire trust for new customers who may be unaware of whatever reputation you've earned. That alone will turn back a lot of consumers. I worked for an upstart .com some years back who also made this mistake- upon correcting it (and in a big way, prominently featuring their address at the bottom of every page), their sales jumped 15% in one month. It was pretty remarkable.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice looking web site. And ditto ls morgan :notworthy:

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Like the site! Very easy to navigate, and very clean.

I think it may just be my comp, (and most likely is... Vista 64 and IE) but are some of the pics cut in half by the template?

Attachments

• Woodland.jpg
    Woodland.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 309

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks very good Mike , I really like it and it is well done in the way you set the pages and data !
Great Job .

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like what I see And Have your site bookmarked!!!! Hoping to make a purchase soon!!! HH and Good luck on you New site Chug and Red!

I am looking for A water detector for fresh water mostly lakes and rivers that does good on land also!!!

we will be selling a few items soon to make the purchase. Red wants to keep the whites so she can go out with me sometimes I know that we were going to donate it to your 4H group!! We will figure out something to help them out Chug ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread