Advice for Mdetecting in Florida parks

EL Pirata Loco

Dec 7, 2008
Detector(s) used
RADIO SHACK 1000
Advice for M'detecting in Florida parks

Florida detecting @ parks/churches

I have been reading alot in this site about people detecting in Church and park grounds....that seems like private places where you can kicked off? Im a newbie so im asking how do you go about in getting permission? Or is there a law in FL that allows some way of just walking on the property? Im really curious...i dont want to go detecting and get in trouble.

Thanks everyone!

Alberto

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Advice for M'detecting in Florida parks

Churches are private property, you can detect a lot of the local city and county parks...... Look for a sign that says no detecting when you enter a park, you can also ask the local official. I personally don't, if it is a city or county park and there is no sign telling me it is illegal, then I detect it....The problem with asking an official is they may tell you no, when there is no law against it....

All state parks are off limits, some state parks will allow you to detect the salt water beaches and others want...You have to ask the rangers, all inland state parks are a no-no in Florida.........

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well TH with the gubment shut down, I guess a few parks could be accessed... :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

S.S.Tupperware said:
Well TH with the gubment shut down, I guess a few parks could be accessed... :laughing7:

As long as we use your truck and detectors I may think about going along....... ;D

WNYDigger

Greenie
Apr 25, 2011

http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com/metal-detecting-in-Florida.html

EL Pirata Loco said:
Florida detecting @ parks/churches

I have been reading alot in this site about people detecting in Church and park grounds....that seems like private places where you can kicked off? Im a newbie so im asking how do you go about in getting permission? Or is there a law in FL that allows some way of just walking on the property? Im really curious...i dont want to go detecting and get in trouble.

Thanks everyone!

Alberto

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I posted somewhere on t-net, bout Miami, not even allowing men in the parks, where moms and kids hang out. (we have some pedophile problems here, phrase, millstone around neck, comes to mind).
I have no problems in other parks around Browrd, Palm Bch counties.

As for churches, being most respectful of them, I have gone into the secretaries office, and asked permission, to check their playground (and vollyball court, in one instance), was granted permission, but found nothing but a few toy cars. The church didn't want them back.
But, the secretary did tell me, that it was good, I asked, because they would have called the police, if they seen someone, just wandering around their grounds.

When in doubt, error on the side of caution, and ask. All they can say is no, and you haven't lost out on anything, that you haven't found. imo

fishbone3d

Apr 1, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Whites Prizm III, Bounty Hunter

I hunt many old Churches. I would never think of detecting without permission. It feels awkward enough when complete strangers ask you what's going on. At least I have an excuse for them with permission. Always ask permission for all places private. Depending on the circumstances, you could get arrested for trespassing. Even worse, you could get your detector confiscated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread