NEW TO MD. HELP ME SET UP MY AT PRO

adamant

Greenie
Feb 22, 2011
sewell NJ
NEW TO MD. HELP ME SET UP MY AT PRO

i got to tell you.. i find the manual little hard to figure out! i am new to this kind of detector.. little different to my white classic idx that i bought few years back. i need help setting up mt at pro. i looked at most you tube videos and still very little help. what it the easiest way besides going into a field full of junk and start detecting? i started with glueing coins and junk targets on paint sticks to get used to the sound of the target.. after i was done i went out in the field and it seems nothing like when i bench tested using the paint sticks.

Upvote 0

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Re: NEW TO MD. HELP ME SET UP MY AT PRO

what i've been doing is running mine in STD coin mode and once i get a good target i then switch to pro mode to get used to the tone roll and iron audio. after a few hours it seemed to really help. so basically hours on the machine is the best practice

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: NEW TO MD. HELP ME SET UP MY AT PRO

dogpound said:
what i've been doing is running mine in STD coin mode and once i get a good target i then switch to pro mode to get used to the tone roll and iron audio. after a few hours it seemed to really help. so basically hours on the machine is the best practice
Air tests witn coins on paint sticks won't give you the true sounds because there is no ground.

First thing is to go outside away from electrical interference and no metal in the ground and Ground Balance either manually or let the detector do it by holding down the GB button while bobbing the coil till the sound is even.

Then test the coil on various targets in both modes to get a feeling for the sounds and ID numbers. The numbers won't be accurate all the time because if the coin is tilted the #'s change. Just practice and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread