making me nuts

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Help :icon_scratch: my detector (gtp1350) beeps all the time doesn't seem to like wet soil it beeps when I go over a hole or bump a blade of grass. I'll get a nice belltone dig the plug and the signal disappears. other times it'll belltone again and again then stop and ring as foil. and that profiling is more of a pain always forgetting to reset the pinpoint button. I hate it... am i missing something or what ? sens is set at 9 out of 12 max.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When is the last time you cleaned out the coil cover. Are you using fresh batteries? Does it false when it is still or only when you move the cable. Check that the pins are aligned ok on the coil plugs. If it still beeps you may have a broken solder joint, then you need to send it in. Are you near any cell phone towers or have your cell phone turned on?
http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davejohnson/Electrical Interference.htm :read2:

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
I'm not familiar with the 1350, however most garretts can be reset to factory settings by pushing the on button and holding it on untill two beeps are heard [about 5 t0 10 secounds], then its reset. If your coil cover is clean. Then a call to garrett is in order if it doesnt behave.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try sweeping the hole with another detector their mite be some than deeply berried there.and your not digging deep enough to retrieve it.

OP
OP
donj

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys, The ground dried out and I lowered the sens to 8.5 problems solved...Till next time. Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread