Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got another key on you???
recently was out hunting and when I got back to my car - found my keys missing from my back pocket. The same pocket that I always stuff my 16" square cloth table napkin to place dirt on while digging.

Well once again I was saved by my wallet key! It was dark - my hunting buddy had already left and the odds of finding keys in dark were real slim.

Later that night I searched my mind for where they were probably lost and retraced my movements in the hunt area. I drew a map for my wife and she actually went back and found keys along with the remote. They were lost near the first hole I dug.

The point is carry a wallet key - it can save you losts of hassles and lost time. It's has saved me more than once.

Just an idea for what it's worth...
HH!

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
No, I don't... :-
Maybe I should get me one though as this has been one of my fears.
Not sure if it's the fact that I',m getting out of my car to look for stuff other people have lost or what, but I always have the feeling I'm going to loose my keys...

Just one question, and I'll probably be in big trouble for this one, but where did you find a woman that could read a map? ;D

Just kidding about the question.
Glad to hear you were able to find them...
Good Luck & Happy Hunting~

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost my keys at a local park. A park policeman let me use his cell phone to call my wife to come down and bring me another set so I could get back home! Both of them razzed me about owning a metal detector and not being able to find them. How embarassing!!!! I never did find them. Oh well something to look for.Ha Ha . I do contact the park office. Probably still in the woods. I even lost my wifes cell phone,but I did find it the next day. What gets me,I can find other peoples keys and cell phones!Any how,Happy Key Hunting.

OP
OP
Ocean7

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leon - ha yer funny! actually she's quarter Indian and her dad took her out hunting and fishing in rattle snake country from the time she was a wee one. So reading a map that I draw with landmarks is pretty easy for her.

treasuredog - losing something ain't no shame but to be prepared for such...now that takes planning. this has saved me once when 200 miles from home; and when I've placed keys in truck while loading packages and then locked them in trunk. So it's saved me locksmith fees too!

I carry a over the shoulder knapsack with cell phone in it and all kinds of other stuff. that way I don't lose the cell phone which can come off belt when digging or going thru brush.
Be prepared!

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
I keep a magnetic case hidden under each truck just for those kind of events! I have on several occasions locked my keys in the truck. Good to have a spare. cladius.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread