Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Don't know the Musketeer

But IF you feel your ready to upgrade.

or feel your missing things.

the Sovereign is the way to go in my opinion.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sov. and Quatro are fine detectors. However, don't over look the less espensive X-Terra's, the 30, 50, and 70.

Good luck,
Sandman

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard good things from both the Quatro and the x-terras. I purchased my explorer used on ebay with some extra coils and got an amazing deal on it, so don't count eBay out!

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use both the Musketeer and the Sovereign and the Musky is the better machine on my (bad) ground. I can detect quicker and deeper with Minelabs sleeper machine. If you decide to go for a larger coil I would go for SunRay or similar and not above 12.5 inches. More depth than the Minelab coil and lighter.
If your interested in wet beach work then a switch to twin or multifrequency or P.I. would be needed.

B

Bugar

Re: Minelab upgrade? / Well Tekman

Since your main thing is parks and yards, your'e probably in good shape with the faithful Colt, might get a different coil, but you probably don't need that, the 8in? coil usually works fine for me, but yards and parks you really don't need all the bells and whistles, and then you got a long learning curve to start (My Opinion) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread