Has anyone heard anything about a Gov. ban on detecting?

goldseeker4000

Mar 5, 2011
Kalispell, Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab X-terra 705, Gold Monster 1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Likely just Doomsdayers

Reading More into What is Going on locally somewhere

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There might be one lone state that has some archies with their panties in a wad, but no, nothing for all-over.

And even if something became of one state somewhere, even THAT would only be for state level land, and have nothing to do with county, city, private, etc.... Heck, even now, most state parks area already riddled with supposed rules or downright "no's" (if you read down the FMDAC's oft-circulated list) But as I say, that only pertains to state parks (and even then-so, some still don't care). Nothing to do with city or county schools, parks, beaches, etc...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K ripe sand,man how do you do it your all ways posting links about something,some buddy looking for.right on :thumbsup: that's a complement not a rude comet

liftloop

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sandman said:
Here is the website for the FMDAC http://www.fmdac.org/website/index.html You can become a member to get all the latest info.

That's cool, but personally speaking, I have a hard time taking any group seriously that puts Google Adsense on a website meant for a non profit organization.

djm of PA

Jun 11, 2010
Carsonville, PA
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac and White's Classic 4
ls, didn't even look at the site, but remember, just because they are non-profit doesn't mean their website hosting and bandwidth fees are FREE. They need to pay the bills to keep the site up and running. :wink:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just try and catch me. The gubment can't even keep state parks open.... :dontknow:

WNYDigger

Greenie
Apr 25, 2011
Google shows only a few states who have recently banned MD in state and federal parks while other states are trying to banned MD in city parks and town parks. Mostly the laws are the same no MD on Federal lands or state lands so stated by that state.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
wyn digger, the "state" government can not tell a city what their park laws will be, regarding their city parks. Unless, of course, there is a law that makes detecting illegal EVERYWHERE in a state (not just parks, but everywhere). City parks can make their own rules for their city parks. Ie.: park closes at sunset, or no alcahol, or no smoking, or dogs on leash only, or no fishing, etc....

If you think you know of a state that can or has, or is trying, to pass a law that can dictate down to city level, what goes on with regards to metal detectors on city property, let me know. I'd love to hear it. But I think you're mistaken. State park rules would only apply to state parks. Not cities, towns, or county level land.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liftloop said:
K ripe sand,man how do you do it your all ways posting links about something,some buddy looking for.right on :thumbsup: that's a complement not a rude comet

liftloop

Liftloop, I just try to help those that don't know how or are too lazy to Google. Anyway most questions require to much space to answer right, so I cut and paste the link for them to read for themselves as they might read something I didn't or I couldn't put it into words.

ottawadigs

May 11, 2011
Ottawa
haven't heard of any bans but people are seeing these signs popup...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRePcEtdqB4[/youtube]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions