Secret Digger Mod

daddyflea

Greenie
Mar 18, 2011
Here in Texas the Ground is hard. For all yall up north that means it is hard to dig. Those of you using these Lestch tools amuse us. Here is a picture of my Custom made Digger. This is the best Digger I have used. Although I can not disclose all the things I used to make this I can let you know the Blade was made from a Hardened Tractor Disc. This allows me to dig anywhere. It is especially good for driveways.

032911001.jpg

032911002.jpg

Upvote 0

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Now thats an impressive aggressive design for those hard to dig areas :thumbsup:

Texcam

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Nice idea, great welds! There are some days where a 100 lb. jackhammer might be my best choice.

Thanks for posting

oldcoon

Jul 10, 2010
Middletown, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am an old timer and I've been at this game a long time, so please understand sometimes new ideas and way get past me.

As a fur trapper I could see using your tool to chop out a trap bed or begin a dirt hole but I'm having a problem as a metal detector. Aren't you afraid your modified tool there is going to cut into your find? Please enlighten me if you would.

OP
OP
D

daddyflea

Greenie
Mar 18, 2011
Yes I frequently damage finds. Thing is that in this dirt nothing else will dig it. It is so hard right now, I can not even dig with this tool. I have one of those common trawls with teeth in the side but unless I go somewhere else, it is useless here. Find a good dry, hard packed gravel driveway and try to dig in the tire track. That is what I am dealing with right now.

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good tool .
We have the same problem in Missouri , the hard pan can be almost at the surface and it is like digging in concrete . You have to use a pick or matex , to dig with as a shovel is useless as it will not even make a dent in the soil.

Ky Hunter

Greenie
Feb 27, 2009
Looks like a good tool for some of the gravel spots that I go to as I have broke some of my other diggers there. Thanks for the Idea. Bob

Probed

Sep 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
V3i, Dfx, Excalibur
Thats so nice I want one even though our ground is mush. Nice welds too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread