Brevard County Florida ...Best spots???

D

Dreamstone

My name is Dustin, I am fairly new to detecting. I have recently got more serious about it. I have been reading many books and scouring the net when I thankfully found this sight. I have read of many places to hunt, but I was looking for some REAL life expierience. I was also looking to make some new friends and to improve my knowledge of hunting. I live in Palm Bay. Thanks

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum Dreamstone! TNet has a lot to offer and is a great site...arguably the best there is. Looking forward to your posts!

HH!
TBGO

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dustin; welcome to TreasureNet, its always especially good to welcome another Space Coast resident to the Forum.

Q

DETREASUREHNTR

Jun 15, 2006
Bear,DE
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 3300
Welcome! A tip for you would be to check the Archives in your area for some spots to check out. HH

OP
OP
D

Dreamstone

Thank You to all that have replied. I checked out the Mel Fisher museum and picked up a book entitled shipwrecks near Wabasso beach. It is a great book. I was wondering what any of you other locals have found in the past. I have MD'd south Melbourne beach a couple of times with no results at all, allthough I must say I did not dedicate the time required. I guess it was because I had not heard of any hard evidence of finds in that area.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duston, scroll down to the "Shipwrecks", "Beach and Shallow water" and "Wreckdiver under personal forums", and look around, I think you are about to experience a treasure trove of information that will cause the fever to take you. You are closer than you think to big time treasure, some people save money all year just to hunt near your location for a couple of days each year. Remember that the largest beach find in history (350,000 Spanish Pieces of Eight), were recovered just a few miles down the beach from you.

Q

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dustin:
A number of years ago, I wrote a book titled: Where to metal detect in Central Florida. Its still available from Kellyco Metal Detectors in Winter Springs, FL for $10.00. Brevard county has other sites other than Spanish Gold. Thought you'd want to know. Also check out www.treasuresites.com.

Harry Rainey Jr.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Dustin, I moved from Palm Bay 20 years ago here to North Carolina, My mother still lives there. One area that is off limits is Palm Bay City Parks, sadly been that way since 1986. The upside is that Brevard County otherwise has lots of beach area, as well as other places. There is a very active club I believe in the Sebastian- Vero area, that used to have a big annual hunt in grant. Welcome to a great forum and If I can help you shoot me an IM
hh
dave+bobbie

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
The secret is to hit the beach at low tide or just after a storm.
Tide charts are available on the web.
Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread