new coil

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe. If you have high mineralization they do work better. You tend to get less squawking and chatter. If you hunt areas with trash, they have an easier time because of the long narrow scanning pattern, as opposed to the conical or cylindrical patterns of your standard coil. The down side(you knew it sounded too good to be true) is that you will give up a little depth in mild soil. In mineralized soil, depth is about equal.

HH

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a DD coil improve performance of my gtp1350 I'm still using the stock coil.
Donj

I just put the 8.5x11DD on mine, huge difference. Added four inches or so in testing at my garden.

Make sure you get a GTP coil, not a GTI.

I got mine for $100 new, old stock I guess.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll take a dd or butterfly coils anyday over any concentric, not only do they detect differently there path of how they detect is also different dd has a wide scan where you don't overlap as much compared to the cone shape detection from.concentric

coils3.jpg

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first Garrett. I thought since it's older, maybe the coil technology back then just wasn't what it is today. It came with the 7x10 elliptical.

Then again, adding DD coils to my Fishers made a big difference. But the GTP1350 getting a 8.5x11DD was an even greater improvement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread