Pinpointer

JDS

Jun 8, 2007
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
ML4000/ML E-Trac/Ace 250/Antique Groundhog
Well you are going to get many different answers to this question. Personally I use a pistol probe because it is a PI and get's more depth. The down side is it is expensive and big. ???

Good Luck

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you will get a lot of opinions. But hands down the most popular opinion will be to buy the Garrett ProPointer. It is a great value for what it does. The fact that it beeps faster as you approach the target is invaluable. It is also very well made and fits well in your hand. I could go on and on but I won't. There are other good pinpointers out there as well. But I've never heard of anyone who was disappointed in the Garrett.

Good luck.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the Whites bullseye 2 for a while and it is ok but can get iffy sometimes because the switch acts up on it at some. I have not had any real problems with it as it has always done the job. I have also had the Vibraprobe 560 and it worked good but to me it was too long and cumbersome not a real convienant size to be pulling out of the sheath when your down on all 4 digging up a target. The good thing about the Vibraprobe is about it being waterproof so it was ok to use in the rain and such. Now if I was going to buy a new one I would get the Garrett I think. Tim

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could not effectively detect without my Garrett ProPointer! And that comes from a big White's fan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread