Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Ivan, I too, like those places where everyone rolls around on each other, like a dog in a dead squirral! Everything falls off, literally!

Ever see a drunk, try to shake, a latched on squirral off, from between his thumb and first finger? LOL! If you can say Sebastian Inlet State Park (before they cut all the trees down in the name of progress), and picture my 6ft. 3in, 270 pound, redneck brother-n-law, dancing and jerking with a squirral, then you should be laughing by now! And running! The squirral won. He said the shots were no fun though, my bro-n-law, not the squirrall! LOL!

The squirral probably shoulda got shots too!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
having a squirrel latch on to you is not a laughing matter * their claws can go into a trees bark no sweat and their jaws have enough pressure to crack open nuts easily and their teeth are sharp as heck --no not funny in the least --unless it is someone else --then it is frickin hilarious as all get out -- watching a can of squirrel whoop azz get opened up.

this is why when squirrel hunting --you make very very sure said squirrel is 100% dead BEFORE picking them up.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
having a squirrel latch on to you is not a laughing matter * their claws can go into a trees bark no sweat and their jaws have enough pressure to crack open nuts easily and their teeth are sharp as heck --no not funny in the least --unless it is someone else --then it is frickin hilarious as all get out -- watching a can of squirrel whoop azz get opened up.

this is why when squirrel hunting --you make very very sure said squirrel is 100% dead BEFORE picking them up.

Some people never learn. Some are able to learn from others' mistakes. Good judgement comes from experience. Experiences come from bad judgement! LOL! I was raised with squiralls, I knew better, maybe I shoulda said something, but......Don't the best happenings always start with: "HEY GUYS, WATCH THIS!".........till someone gets hurt, or the cops show up, anyway........

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pull tabs are the Debil!! lol

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Corona beer caps too!, thank goodness Fluffy(Excal) can discriminate them out, but.....when I dug up the condom wrapper next to it, I knew someone had been rolling on the beach last night, and sure as poop, out poped that 18k little thin wedding band! Don't even weigh 2 grams, but I ain't gonna throw it back, into the 5-gallon bucket, with the rest of the stuff.......

Don't mind the condom wrappers, but finding the left over condoms are pretty GROSS! (our lifguards tell me they recycle them, and save money on plastic gloves, they just stretch one over each finger, I told him he was a sick puppy! We laughed and laughed and laughed...........)

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah we all hate finding them but if you pass one up you may be passing up a very nice ring or some other good find.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the feeling, but I'm finding less now than I used to.

I think that's because there's more plastic bottles being used now than soda cans.

Funny thing is I keep every pulltab I find. There's quite a little collection growing in my bag.

Don't know what I'll do with them eventually; either donate them to charity or recycle them myself. :icon_pirat:

dirt rider

Greenie
Dec 21, 2007
Texas
I agree i hate pull tabs . last Thursday i loved one-- my 2 youngest sons was going to the lake fishing and ask me if i wanted to go . since i haven't purchased my fishing license yet i brought my Garrett GTA1000 along knowing that they would be fishing about 50 yards from the swimming beach found .86 cents and lots of pull tabs was hunting the cut next to the water and got a reading between pull tab and ring got kinda excited since i have NEVER found a ring yet started digging and guess what --pull tab checked the hole again bam sounded off again dug a little deeper and out popped a beautiful 14kt ring with a nice size diamond in it so now i dig everything LOL

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I Love those Pull tab signals Yep Here It is Again!!! HH Chug

My Best Pull tab Signial !!! Wait For It

Chug

Attachments

• ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 535
  • ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    ST_Barbara_Medallion_001.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 537

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

charlieg

Apr 8, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
CENLAcoin said:
HP,

funny you should mention this! This morning I posted a topic called "Diggin' Pop Tops"

I quote:

Hey there, fellow Treasure Hunters!

So, like everyone else, I used to get frustrated by the amount of pull tabs I'd dig during an outing in search of the elusive gold ring.

Then my wife told me St. Jude's and many other cancer societies take pull tabs for charity!

Now I no longer even think about discriminating above foil....each one does a child good! icon_thumright

http://www.pulltabsforcharity.org/home

HH,
Will
Awesome. I save my pull tabs for charities like this. :icon_thumright:

playdan1

May 18, 2011
Sandown, NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
dirt rider said:
I agree i hate pull tabs . last Thursday i loved one-- my 2 youngest sons was going to the lake fishing and ask me if i wanted to go . since i haven't purchased my fishing license yet i brought my Garrett GTA1000 along knowing that they would be fishing about 50 yards from the swimming beach found .86 cents and lots of pull tabs was hunting the cut next to the water and got a reading between pull tab and ring got kinda excited since i have NEVER found a ring yet started digging and guess what --pull tab checked the hole again bam sounded off again dug a little deeper and out popped a beautiful 14kt ring with a nice size diamond in it so now i dig everything LOL

Congrats on the find! The suspense while waiting for my first ring is turning my hair white. The day will come, the day WILL COME!

As for pull tabs, my fav house chore is vacuuming and I like picking up trash so I don't mind them much. One less piece of garbage in the ground. Plus it helps me hone my digging skills which need some serious honing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions