Detecting around steel-reinforced concrete.

philinchio

Dec 24, 2010
Anchorage, Alaska
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster Pro
I'm going to be going on my first real MD hunt soon, and some of the places I'll be detecting border sidewalks that might be reinforced with steel. What is the best way to avoid confusion while swinging the grass along the edges of the sidewalk? I use a White's Coin Pro detector. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal fences and reinforced concrete are best handled with a smaller coil like a sniper since the field is smaller it allows you to get closer to these objects. I doubt if you could turn up the disc enough to null these out.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Whites, no more. My little ole Garrett 250, has done wonders for me around poles and such. I got the smaller coil. I'm able to distinguish the sound differences.

But, put Fluffy (my Excal), near a pole, she starts howling like a herd of cats in a room full of rocking chairs! LOL!

My Fluffy is just a friendly little cat, no worries.....

Love to all......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread