help from experts

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
ali said:
1- What is the difference in the properties between the metal detector (Stinger 2 and plus star 2 ) ? and why ?
Don't know. Guess I'm not much an an "expert".
2- And what do you advise me the best metal detector for the detection of its treasures?
The one that works best for you.
3- What is the most successful metal detector now ?​
Who cares? If there is one, it's specific to the user anyway. In other words, use what works for you. Ultimately you are the expert here.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You need to be a little more specific on what you are looking for. What type of detecting are you going to be doing? Some machines work better than others based on what you are hunting for. One machine may work great for relics while another machine will work better for coins. Also some machines work better in highly mineralized soil than others. Some machines will work fine on beaches while others won't. Do you see where I am going? All manufacturers have great machines and before you buy you will want to know how you are going to use your machine. Once you let us know what you are mainly hunting for then I am sure several people will jump in and give you some great advice. And welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
A

ali

Apr 22, 2011
Thank you, professor treasurehound, always serve the members, I will look for treasures in the desert of the Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia), and the earth, there is composed of sedimentary rocks and desert, and there are also mountainous areas composed of igneous and metamorphic in general, and in some areas there are sand dunes, and very rare the existence of forest areas, the most important thing E I'm looking for metal detector is the most depth in the soil dry a normal thickness ranges between (2.5-3 m), and be experienced by members and experts

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
saudia arabia????

Careful folks!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ali said:
Thank you, professor treasurehound, always serve the members, I will look for treasures in the desert of the Arabian Peninsula (Saudi Arabia), and the earth, there is composed of sedimentary rocks and desert, and there are also mountainous areas composed of igneous and metamorphic in general, and in some areas there are sand dunes, and very rare the existence of forest areas, the most important thing E I'm looking for metal detector is the most depth in the soil dry a normal thickness ranges between (2.5-3 m), and be experienced by members and experts

what choo looking 4 Ali?

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woodland Detectors said:
ali said:

what choo looking 4 Ali?
I would say he's looking for Gold Nuggets. Turn on the sales pitch and sell him a top of the line Minelab. First check with post office to see if items can be shipped there. Some countries are off limit's right now.

OP
OP
A

ali

Apr 22, 2011
Thank you for attention to the themes and I hope to be a guest lightly upon you,
I'm looking for the best metal detector to infer the treasures buried in the archeological sites, to suit the soil in Saudi Arabia and explore the depths of the biggest, I wish only the advice of the appropriate type of detector

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I also enjoy fishing.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Archeological sites?

We're not allowed to dig in known sites here in the US. If you are going to detect dunes and places where rocks shift and such, maybe you want a 2 box unit.

What kind of archeological stuff you looking to dig for? Lost cities, tombs, caches?

Al

OP
OP
A

ali

Apr 22, 2011
Yes , I Search for stuff mineral, for example, ancient coins - Treasures,,, etc, some of the graves contain these things and so on, I repeat my thanks .

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
2.5 to 3 M rules out a lot of detectors. A two box unit would go that deep for larger items, but not single coins. A high end PI unit with a blanket coil would go that deep. A Whites Sierra Madre/ULA-3 with the 15" coil will go down 5 feet. Beyond this your talking a GPR with it's hard to understand readings.

The two box looks like your best bet if there isn't to much salt in that sand.
Frank

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I'd strongly suggest a detector sensitive to iron, Ali. Lots of meteorites over there, and they have excellent value. Look for glossy black coverings on VERY heavy rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread