Wet Ground

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is normal for wet soil because it conducts easier.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Wet is very good. Metal conductivity improves in wet soil. I hunt a civil war site that is very sandy. Dries out quickly. When dry, very few good signals. Right after a good rain, you can dig a lot of targets. Most signals are12 to 18 inches deep.

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
Wet ground means to me MUD.

Digging holes in MUD is not good as it is harder to get the hole to disappear when backfilling. Ripping apart a plug is no fun in the mud.

MUD has the ability to take away body heat. Not too good for older folks and those with arthritis.

Plus you get wet knees and dirty hands. Wet feet too. And it tracks into your car.

To me, rain is GOD's way of telling me to take a day or two off from metal detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread