IIIIIM BACK!

phs3194

Apr 11, 2009
Kinmundy, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Garrett GTI2500, GTA 500 Ultra, Garrett Propointer
IIIII'M BACK!

It took seven weeks, not the four to six I expected, for my broken elbows to heal enough to let me dig targets. Yesterday after work I went to a field where an old church once stood. I have hunted it on and off for the past thirty years, but yesterday was exceptional. In two hours I found a 1914D Barber dime, six Indian head cents, eight wheaties, and a 10 cent trade token. The bad news is that this field HATES copper and aluminum. Of the IH cents only three could be dated. They were 1890, 1898, and 1905. The others could barely be identified as IH. The wheats were worse. two could be dated, 1909 and 1917. The trade token was from a store in Farina, IL. The name of the store was too corroded to make out.

Even with all the damaged coins, it was great to get back out and find something. I've really missed detecting.

Pictures were requested. Here are pictures of these poor abused coins.

Attachments

• pennies.JPG
    pennies.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 144
  • dime.JPG
    dime.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 154
  • IH.JPG
    IH.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 155
Upvote 0

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: IIIII'M BACK!

Glad you are back in the hunt buddy! :headbang:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am glad you are healed up enough to go hunting again. There are times when we even dream of swinging the coil. Congrats on a nice hunt and some older coins. :thumbsup:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS

It's good to see you're back in action, now, we need some pictures. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread