whats is the mercedes benz of metal detectors?

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Jamie said:
there are so many makes and models.? Could someone give me some tips on what to look for?

The question that needs to be addressed first is what are you gonna look for . The mention of a Mercedes gives a good example . For a nice riding car that would be really good . If you need to haul several bales of hay every day it might not be the right choice . You might want to narrow it down somewhat and let folks know where you're going and they can help you get there . If money being spent is the great criteria then the Minelab GP3000 is a fine machine . That would restrict you to beaches and desert . If you want to shoot the park for coins there are other choices better suited and somewhat less expensive . Hopefully there is a club in your area where you can get "hands-on" experience from those "in the know". Where do you live ?

M

mrmark55

I would have to agree with the other reply. DFX is the way to go!

OP
OP
J

Jamie

i live in Acton MA near Boston and next to Concord. If i were to make this a hobby of mine (which i hope to do so soon) I would be detecting around old homes and old properties around my town to start off with. Some areas can be very Rockey and stone walls are common here.

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Explorer II
Whites DFX

The Beamer and Benz of coin detectors

I'm getting a DFX in a few months and an Explorer II after that. I want to be ready for next summer ;D

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Comparable to Mercedes? Radio Shack Micronta...lol :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread