Todays experience with Whites customer service

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Today's experience with White's customer service

This morning, while hunting, I determined that my Prizm II detector was not behaving normally. I called the dealer that sold it to me, and, helpful as he could be, he just gave me the 800 number for White's.

I called them and was put through to the service department, where I talked to a guy named Dave.

Dave was immediately friendly and helpful. He listened as I described the problems, and then told me that yes, it would need to be dealt with in the service center as a warranty repair. The White's Service Center closest to me is the main office in Sweet Home, about 45 miles from where I live. Then Dave astounded me with an offer that I thought I would never hear in the 21st century. He said, "if you can bring it in, I will repair it while you wait."
I said, "when?" He said, "when can you get here? I get off at 3:30, and I'll need about an hour."

"You mean today? You'll fix it today while I wait?"

"Yes, but I'd appreciate it if you could get it here before 2:30, so I can leave at 3:30."

"Wow, no problem!"

My wife joined me to have a nice summer drive through the Willamette Valley. We got to Sweet Home before 1, and were greeted by a friendly receptionist who immediately called Dave to come out and meet me. He took the detector back to his work area. While we waited, we poked around the "Demo Room" that had all of White's detectors available for examination, and a "museum" which featured old detectors and interesting relics and photos of finds. The receptionist and I had an interesting talk; it seems that she is the archivist for the company and has on hand owner's manuals for almost every White's detector ever made. She was very proud that if anyone called her about a White's detector from 1945 on, she would be able to help them with their machines. She took the time to answer all my questions and to tell me in very positive terms what it means to her to work at White's.

In less than an hour, Dave came back with my detector. He had replaced the circuit board, the coil, and the headphones with new ones, and re-tuned the ground balance! "Hey, it's under warranty, so if we even suspect something might not be working well, we replace it." In other words, it's all new, and Dave said the 2 year warranty starts fresh today!

Then he took my outside, demonstrated that he had re-tuned the machine, and then we stood and visited for another half an hour, mostly with my asking questions and him providing answers that were very understandable and helpful. I couldn't believe it. I shook his hand and thanked him for the absolutely outstanding service.

I am hugely impressed. I cannot describe any other customer service experience that I have had in any business that even comes close to what I experienced today at White's.

I hope that when people consider purchasing detectors, they consider the customer service after the sale. White's is definitely top-notch!

Best wishes to all,

Mike in Oregon

Upvote 0

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Re: Today's experience with White's customer service

That was an awesome experience! Ive heard that Whites customer service was good but damn! They took great care of you! Its good to hear this because our (LQ & I) main machines are both Whites. Luckily they both have worked perfectly but its nice to know that if we ever have a problem with them we will receive great service! Ive heard Whites will fix em even if they are no longer under warranty, I tend to beleive that statement after reading your story Mike! ;D

Antny

Jun 23, 2006
NY State & Caribbean 18*N

Great story Mike.
I have an XLT that I had to send in for repairs. I was in another country. Not only did I get it back in just over a week, but they replaced the rubber wrist pads with new ones at no extra charge....A first class operation.
Wish I was close enough to get the tour, that must have been a blast.
ant.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike, this is what happens when you buy a big name brand of detector. Whites has one of the best service departments. I feel for the guys that buy those Radio Shack jobbies.

Sandman

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000

Now THAT's customer service! It's good hear a company will stand behind it's product. WTG Whites!

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky

Isn't it funny how we get excited with good service these days?! Where have to good ole days gone too?

Most of the places that I need to do business with close at 5:00...about the time I get off work.....WTF?

Jamie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread