What do you guys think about the Whites MXT?

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think it is one of the best that White's has to offer. Very affordable and powerful. Simple to use and great all round machine.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I said this before... I think it is the best detector that Whites makes..............

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome metal detector. I agree it is one of the best ones whites makes and it is what I use, Tim

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i really like my mxt, and the 3 different coils i have.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read somewhere where it is the White's most popular detector.

And given the overall popularity of White's, that's telling you something right there. :icon_thumleft:

malibu

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2011
Central MN
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
I just bought the mxt pro today! It was the right choice for me! I spent about two hours in the store with the guy. I also read forum after forum hours of research..You got to make the right decision for yourself take all the info u get online then go test them out..I compared the Safari with the White xmt pro..Yes different machines but i fell for the XMT Pro..

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like the start of a long love affair... :love7:

Lost2Much

Apr 29, 2011
South Pa.
Detector(s) used
MXT XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My V3i has yet to prove to me that it is better than my old trusty reliable dependable MXT !!

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By all means, get the MXT Pro. Then see if you can get the dealer to swap out that 12" coil for the 9" one. As you add coils, you will likely add DD or SEF coils, negating the need for the 12"er. Don't go to the MXT if the dealer says "same machine, different coil." Simply thank him/her and get out quick. The extra features on the Pro are well worth the difference in cost. The 9" coil just makes it easier to handle.

HH

Diver9543

Jul 17, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's Coinmaster Classic II
I hope it is a good md. I just picked mine up a couple weeks ago. Like you I checked forums, read reviews, and spent a couple hours with the owner of the shop where I bought my MXT. The heat has been beyond my abilities so I have only used it a couple times and found lots of pull tabs and a chuck die that I had lost in my front yard. Nothing impressive, but I am very happy. :icon_thumright:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using an MXT for several years along with several other brands/models. The MXT has proven to be an excellent, capable detector which is greatly enhanced by the different accessory coils available for it. I would agree that the extra features on the MXT Pro are worth the extra money, but not crucial. The only down point for me is the weight. I'm old enough to be an old geezer and I find it a bit heavy after swinging for several hours. It seems heavier too, due to the fact that several of my other detectors are Tesoros which are extremely light and easy to swing for hours.
Luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread