architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Frankn said:
Hay, I showed this before! The problem was finding an undercover shovel! Frank

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: The company is working to create a discreet shovel. Meanwhile dream that you find something without remove it.

K

Kentucky Kache

It don't look all that disguised to me, with all the length adjusters on the handle. I guess it would fool some who don't own detectors though.

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
The true, I just kidding with my topic here. I don't pretend to enforce to break the law and I don't break it neither. This new stick metal detect is good to analyze an area before to make some excavation. :icon_thumright:

K

Kentucky Kache

architecad said:
The true, I just kidding with my topic here. I don't pretend to enforce to break the law and I don't break it neither. This new stick metal detect is good to analyze an area before to make some excavation. :icon_thumright:

Maybe it would work as a pin pointer. Probably an expensive one. :icon_pirat:

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hope this was posted as a joke because NO you can not hunt in National Parks. It would be terrible for a new hunter that does not know better to take this into Gettysburg (or any other place that is illegal for metal detecting) and get caught and go to jail.

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
treasurehound said:
I hope this was posted as a joke because NO you can not hunt in National Parks. It would be terrible for a new hunter that does not know better to take this into Gettysburg (or any other place that is illegal for metal detecting) and get caught and go to jail.

Like I said, I don't promote to break the law, but, I have to say, I don't agree how the Fed had handled this issue of metal detecting in US because there are many honest hunter able to obey the law and follow the rules but they are not allowed to detect in many parks. However, when locals and Fed authorities need us to use our detectors to performance some investigation or archaeological research, they coming to us for some help, and that it is not fair.

I detect in shallow water or private properties with permission granted. This post is a figurative symbol of how treasure hunters, like anybody else, citizen of this country that are paying taxes, obeying local laws and living like anybody else are limited to performance a hobby.

If you make a simple research, in all the territory of the United State, more than 90% of all National Parks have one or more stories about buried treasure and it isn't a causality that the Federal convert those lands in National Park in order to use as excuse "Do not detect here".

Arch

P

pastorals

I only go to national parks on Sundays...that is when the rangers are off. :)

Alan

ottor

Mar 1, 2012
So. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You too can have a walking stick/MD for only $12,299.00 - Kellyco :sad5:

r

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It don't look all that disguised to me, with all the length adjusters on the handle. I guess it would fool some who don't own detectors though.

That looks like a normal, adjustable walking stick and I highly doubt you or anyone else would give it a second look.

P.S. Don't hunt National Parks!
Drink Milk!
Stay in school!

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So it's pricey, eh?

Not only that, it's a magnetometer AND MD all in one, AND cavity detector, AND it detected a hoard in Iran at 4.70 m under the ground. It runs at 3v DC. I can't find a review by an independent party.

Either it's not what they say, or we all have been hunting with toys.

Oh, yeah. Don't hunt in National Parks.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
LMAO, enjoyed this joke. Loved the comment about a discreet shovel :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread