Tire Parks

zootman

Feb 1, 2006
Hunterdon County, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites, M6, Classic III, 5900 DI Pro Plus
Has anyone ever hunted one of those playgrounds that are made of chopped tires? I was just wondering how the detector reacts, and, how they are to dig. I just noticed one by the house that would be nice for a day when I dont feel like using much gas. The clad just isnt adding up enough these days to justify driving long distances and paying the insane gas prices. Why do we have an Oilman in the countries highest office?
Zoot

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coins in a tire park would be clad and since there is no metal pieces in the tires, it should behave OK. As for making enough to pay for your gas, this is not why most of us metal detect. We go fishing, and with the cost of boats, motors, tackle, etc, we don't consistently feed our families. Same for hunting. As for the high gas prices, don't blame the Oilman in the white house. The market is controlled by greed and consumption. Till there is a alterative fuel that will compete with gasoline, the price will keep going up till we stop buying it. Nobody told us to buy a gas guzzler SUV's or pickups.

minelab rick

Jul 1, 2006
Charlottesville, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Great response Sandman!

Digging in chopped tires is more of a raking exercise than digging. The good thing is that when you do find something all you have to do is drag everything back into the hole

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt them every chance I get. They can be productive with finds ranging form modern coins to jewelry. I don,t have any problems with the tires. The more activity the better.

Ed Donovan

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Some times I search around play grounds, If there are radial tires in them the detector will go off, to metal detect around those tires I use the 4 inch coil, but if you are thinking about gas prices, buy a bike because you will never find enough coins in a play ground to pay for anything.

As for the price of oil, it is high time to develop an alternative source of energy as those people that hate us are getting rich on us and becoming dangerous too.

OP
OP
zootman

zootman

Feb 1, 2006
Hunterdon County, New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites, M6, Classic III, 5900 DI Pro Plus
Thanks for your replies1 My Discovery 3300 worked OK except in pinpoint where it would get rel eratic. The Whites worked fine. Found 8.15 in clad the first day. Since you basicly cant smoke anywhere but in your home and car anymore, why dont they make tobacco illegle and have the tobacco companies grow corn and make ethanol! That could probably cut uor gas consumption in halh and do the same for lung cancer.
Zootman
Ho yeah, before any body starts about smokers rights, I'm a 2 pack a day man! Id rather see cheap gas and be forced to quit.

C

Charles Miller

lou423 said:
As for the price of oil, it is high time to develop an alternative source of energy as those people that hate us are getting rich on us and becoming dangerous too.

We already have abundant, untapped energy sources right here in America and the technology to exploit them immediately --- it's a matter of convincing the liberal tree-huggers in Congress to stop blocking legislative efforts to open up Alaska and numerous other rich oil fields here in North America. It's the enviro-zealots that are keeping us dependent on foreign oil.

There are a lot of hare-brained alternative fuel source schemes out there in Liberal La-La Land, and they're so naive that they think you can simply drop one of these brilliant ideas on the market and put the oil industry out of business in a year or so. Yeah right. If anyone seriously thinks that we can replace oil with some other magical fuel source in the near or even distant future, you might as well forget it. There is no way that big oil is going away in our lifetimes or even in the lifetimes of our grandchildren.

I mean, we do have the technology right now to use plain old water as an endless fuel source. Split water molecules into Hydrogen and Oxygen (the greatest, cleanest fuel combo known to man), run it through your modified automobile engine, and the exhaust is....more water vapor. Now, this makes all the sense in the world, and we could do this sort of elementary chemisty in the lab decades ago --- but the petroleum industry already has a firm grip on virtually every facet of our lives, not just the distillates we pour into our cars, and we're not going to usurp that mega-industry now or fifty years from now. Your Water-Powered-Wonder-Cars are going to have to wait a few more decades --- maybe your great-great-grandchildren will get to drive them. But not any time soon.

So, the most logical thing we can do right now is put the HEAT on those spineless liberals in Congress who are so concerned about pine trees and salamanders that they'd rather see our civilization grind to a halt under the weight of escalating foreign oil prices. For God's sake, tell these tree-huggers to get the hell out of our way and let's solve the problem with our own resources!

>:(

S

sounder

I hunt one of these rubber marvels at the grade school from time to time. The only problem that I have found, is that there is a rubberized cloth mat under all that chopped rubber, and ours is held down with metal stakes, so occasonally I will find one of those stakes.

I have learned two things about these rubber filled playgrounds.

1. The coins that come out of them are extremly clean and bright.
2. That rubber sticks to the bottom of your shoes, if they have grooves in them, and it sticks to everything else too. It usually ends up in our house somewhere.

Easy digging with your hands. Go for it.

sounder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread